Ford Focus ST Forum banner

FordPass Connect WiFi Hotspot - Any Good?

2K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Shelts74 
#1 ·
Just been flicking through the owner's handbook Alb posted, ahead of taking delivery of my new ST. I hadn't realised that the car can be setup as a WiFi hotspot, for a price. Sounds interesting although not necessarily very useful, has anyone used this feature?

Secondly, does anyone know what Vodafone's price is to continue after the three month trial? Is it a monthly subscription or just data bundles? I've been Googling and have looked on Vodafone's website, but info is thin on the ground :/

Ta in advance.

#2 ·
For me I found I managed to use the free 3GB within a couple of weeks and I have no idea how! Being with Sky Mobile I have over 100GB stored up in my piggy bank so it does not benefit me whatsoever. I did look up the plans for you to make your own mind up.

Plan prices are as follows

1GB for 1 day = £5

2GB for 28 days = £11

15GB for 28 days = £20

100GB for 1 year = £100

#3 ·
Thanks ever so much for looking that up for me, really appreciate that. I had wondered what benefit there is really as my wife and I have monthly phone contracts with plenty of data. So I dont know if Im missing something in terms of how the hotspot and data plan is a benefit? How did you get on with it?

Thanks again for your reply :)

#4 ·
Thanks ever so much for looking that up for me, really appreciate that. I had wondered what benefit there is really as my wife and I have monthly phone contracts with plenty of data. So I dont know if Im missing something in terms of how the hotspot and data plan is a benefit? How did you get on with it?

Thanks again for your reply :)
No problem at all. All I can say is that it worked and I did not have any issue, apart from the data usage which I still am unsure as to why. To me it made no difference using it to not using it and looking at the pricing it makes no financial sense to me to continue using it unless I am in an area of limited coverage for my network but I have found that if my network is unavailable most others (inc vodafone) are too!

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
£100 for 100gb for a year isnt too bad. Its vodafone so data speeds will be not so good though. Just had to move remove some remote maintenance 4g routers off vodafone due to inadequate data speeds. It takes some using 100gb unless your constantly streaming hd video. Little else puts much of a hole in it, I stream audio almost constantly in my other car yet still rarely exceed 12gb month and thats with all other mobile use too.

The question is why would you need it? Who doesnt have a decent data plan? One advantage if youre not already on voda/O2 (same infrastructure/masts/coverage) and you hit a dead area with EE/3 you can use wifi calling via car if and in the very likely event you still have a voda/O2 signal. Voda/O2 coverage is easily the best out in the sticks, albeit slower for data.

Anyway, turned on my trial period and as yet It doesnt stream even though its connected. Par for the course with my experience of Ford IT.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.