Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Just though i'd post this and see what many of you think and would do. Took my St to fords on Monday morning for a service, boost gauge problems and esp system fault. I received a callback from them monday afternoon telling me most of the work was done, but they was keeping the car the following day as the map sensor had gone causing the esp fault..I picked the car up today (tuesday) afternoon around half 3. Later that night i went to use the car and noticed the side lights not working and also noticed what really ticked me off was, when the car went in on monday morning it had 7300miles on clock and when i got home 5miles away from the garage the mileage had gone up to 7425...Surely they dont have to test the car on that many miles?????
What you people think, Im gonna be on the phone first thing asking questions...Looks to me someone was enjoying my ride cheeky
ats...

·
Registered
662 Posts
i seen my
because i dropped mine off in my local dealer for a maf sensor change, then seen my car about 12 mile away from the garage being ragged by a mechanic. tried to follow him back which wer hard seing he wer flooring it an i was in me work van, got back to the garage an it was all parked up, went in and asked why a
was raggin my car so far from the garage an they said he only took it around the block,
I got on the phone and rang the main office and told them what had happened they said they would get back to me, which they did the next day offering a valet and £30 worth of fuel to cover what had been used, as i clean my own car i asked for £40 worth which they gave me.
never going there again

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(tatz27 @ 10 Feb 2010, 12:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i seen my
because i dropped mine off in my local dealer for a maf sensor change, then seen my car about 12 mile away from the garage being ragged by a mechanic. tried to follow him back which wer hard seing he wer flooring it an i was in me work van, got back to the garage an it was all parked up, went in and asked why a
was raggin my car so far from the garage an they said he only took it around the block,
I got on the phone and rang the main office and told them what had happened they said they would get back to me, which they did the next day offering a valet and £30 worth of fuel to cover what had been used, as i clean my own car i asked for £40 worth which they gave me.
never going there again

Nice 1, but it doesnt cover the wear and tear on the car..at least they gave you something..I'll be on the phone first thing and if they deny it, all they have to do is look at the previous weeks invoice where they will see around 7240 miles, and they tried to fob me off saying it was because of a wheels spin in the bad weather that caused the abs light, when the problem was the esp fault..make me laugh

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
last time mine went to fraud the mechanic took it home for the night to test it

he only put 25 miles on it though & the receptionist did ring me for permission.
still worried me though. car was 100% when i got it back, thank goodness.

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,082 Posts
I have been lucky so far , not only with main dealers , but anyone i leave it with . I always take a photo of the milage on my phone when i drop it off ....even for simple things like tyres if i dont wait for it ....

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys for letting me know your experiences..Phoned fords this morning and told the the main thing that has ticked me off is the mileage, there reply was "we do need to do certain road test", told them my friend is a mechanic and he states for these repairs the car only needs to be drove round the block to test the turbo and gauge. Funny enough the service manager was'nt in today so, they will get him to phone me tomorrow. Lets see what he says? Does anyone know where to make a formal complaint??

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Doubt you will get anywhere without video/tracker evidence. During my first service mine was thrashed for approx 40 miles. (It was seen by a colleague doing way over the speed limit) when i got it back it had NO fuel in it. Wont be going there again. When I posted on the forum at the time, it was general consensus that this happens everywhere.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Unfortunatly this does happen alot, a friend of mine used to work for kwik fit many years ago, he got to drive a wide range of performance cars from TVR's to 850 BMW he and his fellow fitters would take them for a bit of a run up the local duel carriage way.

I always do the same thing check the mileage before and after.

·
Banned
855 Posts
this is why im glad i work in a garage.

alsong as you use genuine service parts and go to a vat registered garage your warranty is still valid, which helps me out as i can get the service bits under trade, get them fitted for nout and get my book stamped

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Been on phone again this morning, they phoned me really and said to take car in tomorrow to have the side lights done and to speak to service manager..they tried to tell me that last week when i took the car in it have 7309 on clock but its funny how they did a service on monday and registered the mileage at 7300..Obviously someone been having some fun with the car then tried to mess with the mileage on the sheets and it not adding up..When i first took it a week ago it had just over 7200 and at the moment the car is just parked up day and night as i care for my mother who is terminally i'll, so its not like i can really go anywhere to clock the mileage up....I know they just gonna fob me off tomorrow...

·
Registered
2,952 Posts
exactly why I never used any dealer!

I always go to a small garage local to me for all my families cars, fully trust them .
If mines booked in I always stay with the machanic and give him a hand with the work as well.

·
Registered
536 Posts
QUOTE(LawwaST @ 10 Feb 2010, 10:24 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would speak to the Servicing Manager and if not satisfied, then go direct to Ford HQ.

It makes these look more and more tempting http://www.focusstoc.com/forums/Dont-Car-G...adhawk+vauxhall

I hope you get somewhere without having to rely on Ford HQ mate - in my experience they're not interested, especially if they're a franchise dealership they have no stake in!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi James,

yeah my friend is a mechanic, mot tester and he does all the work and services on my st170 that im selling..As the St2 is still under warranty i though i'd take it there as it was all free, didnt know it would cost me in another way..I must admit i have had some help with a lady called Hannah from ford customer services, she phones me before and after the car has been in to make sure im happy with the repairs, she even phoned the ford garage to see what was going on this morning whilst on the phone to me. She's phoning back tomorrow to see what action they are taking..Just glad there are some people out there willing to help with after sales problems..Should of expected something though, when i first purchased my st170 back in 04 the inlet manifold needed to be replaced and what a carry on that was to get sorted out...

·
Registered
104 Posts
One of the guys at my previous unit had a Z4 3.0 he dropped it off for service and went to collect it 1/2 an hour early. He ound the BMW mech drifting it around the car park. He had his sevice for free 2 new tyres and in a written statement his warranty extended by another a year (got his lawyer involved)

dont trust anyone with my car/cars at all

·
Registered
192 Posts
Never take my
&
to fords there a bunch of over priced don't care about your car type of rip off merchants.

The only place i trust with my cars is Amd in essex.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
I take it to them sniffing fumes and make a note of the mileage. Puts them off that little bit. Plus i make it known to them im on the owners club and threaten to tell tales of them on here
They once tried to flob me off with something i cant remember, so i said id see what the owners club had to say and wow you should have seen the guys face it just dropped, got sorted pretty quick lol.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts