Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
327 Posts
Alright, Im still on the hunt for an ST. another one has came up but it has the ford sat nav which i wasnt to bothered about getting as i just wanted the sony head unit.Got a couple of queestions about the sat nav.

1. Is it a multi changer?
2. Climate Control? Does it come up digitaly on screen?
3. Can cars with this have the IPOD connection in the glove box?
4. What colour does the dash light up? im i right that with 1 head unit its green and with another its red?

Cheers
Ben

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
The Ford Sat Nav is only a single slot CD.

Climate control is shown on the screen.

It depends on the year as to what the dash colour is. Early ones are green & from 2007.5 model year they are red.

Mine has the i pod connection in the glovebox too.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the reply, single slot would do me just find i was more concerned about the climate control.
the car wasRegistered july 07. think ill email and find out what colour.

the ipod thing its getting me. is it in the dash glove box or the arm rest?
Do you have the full ipod kit where you can change the tracks through the head unit or is it just the 3.5mm

thanks

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,493 Posts
If you have the USB port you can change the tracks with the head unit if it is just the 3.5mm jack plug you have to use the ipod to change,i belive you can retro fit but not cheap

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(RS2kJane @ 17 Feb 2010, 03:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The Ford Sat Nav is only a single slot CD.

Climate control is shown on the screen.

It depends on the year as to what the dash colour is. Early ones are green & from 2007.5 model year they are red.

Mine has the i pod connection in the glovebox too.

You wouldnt mind doing me a favour would you? uploadsing me some pics of the screens of the satnav unit in action . Im in debate with the garage over the 1 with the sat nav but he wont drop the price very much so iv left an offer with him but ill be buying blind as the cars in bristol and im in newcastle and was just wondering what it looked like. thanks

·
Registered
90 Posts
QUOTE(RS2kJane @ 18 Feb 2010, 03:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I've just taken a few of the screen menus on Radio, Satnav, phone etc. Hope this helps.

your satnav looks so diffrent to my 08 reg one. anyways just wondering if anyone knows how i can use my satnav as a dvd player aswell. ive been told it can be done by putting the dvd player in the glove. does anyone know any more????
Thanks

·
Registered
552 Posts
QUOTE(white wheels @ 18 Feb 2010, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>your satnav looks so diffrent to my 08 reg one. anyways just wondering if anyone knows how i can use my satnav as a dvd player aswell. ive been told it can be done by putting the dvd player in the glove. does anyone know any more????
Thanks

Those images are from the pre facelift Denso unit, used up until 2008

then on the facelift focus, they changed to a blaupunkt unit.

·
Registered
552 Posts
QUOTE(white wheels @ 19 Feb 2010, 05:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>any idea how to install dvd player??

There isnt 1 on the facelift.. possibly is though on the estate version. But as far as I know.. no wiring for it now on the standard hatch anymore. Probably possible to make wiring up though and retrofit if you wanted to?

only dvd player ford did was for the rear passengers and it was a unit with a drop down screen that bolted to the headlining, havent actually seen 1 fitted in a car, but I think it also had some controls and stuff on the rear of the centre console. Was an optional extra.

dvd sat nav, just refers to the dvd mapping disk for the navigation.. the cd player at the top which you put music cds into isnt dvd compatible..only a single cd disk can be used in the actual headunit, then theres the 6 cd disk autochanger under the passenger seat.. so you can have 7 disks in total.

on the previous Denso unit, the dvd mapping disk for navigation was in the glovebox... which maybe where you got the idea about a dvd player in the glovebox.. facelifts dont have that because they use the blaupunkt unit where the dvd mapping disk is built into the headunit, its behind a hidden panel behind where the volume control is.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(RS2kJane @ 18 Feb 2010, 09:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Glad to help out.

Did you decide on the
with the DVD SatNav then ?

The garage still hasnt got back to be with the offer i put in, i would realy like to hold on and get an st with the newer style head unit and climate control as its mp3 and i dont beleve the sat nav 1 is.

·
Registered
402 Posts
i have the denso unit and it plays mp3 cd's fine jsut trying to sort out my aux plug as it wont work and from the glove box side the lead is fine jsut gotta check on stereo side now, has anyone done the usb retro on the denso.

·
Registered
552 Posts
Alright, Im still on the hunt for an ST. another one has came up but it has the ford sat nav which i wasnt to bothered about getting as i just wanted the sony head unit.Got a couple of queestions about the sat nav.

1. Is it a multi changer?
2. Climate Control? Does it come up digitaly on screen?
3. Can cars with this have the IPOD connection in the glove box?
4. What colour does the dash light up? im i right that with 1 head unit its green and with another its red?

Cheers
Ben
Nope, single CD... BUT theres a multichanger under the passenger seat.. which holds 6 CDs, plus the 1 on the headunit makes 7 in total.

Climate control comes up on the screen graphically and can be managed on screen, and via voice control.

If it is 2008 onward

Yes, if you have DVD sat Nav you can 100% have IPOD connection in armrest.. only earlier sony headunits that had the compatibility issues.

its all red on the MK2.5 and is a blaupunkt unit.

pre 2008

all lights up green, uses a Denso sat nav unit

Cannot have ipod connection in the armrest.can be retrofitted, but requires non standard wiring modifications, but the headunit doesntr have any of the software to run it... so it wont work lol so not really much point fitting it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts