Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to fit a induction kit yest and failed, i couldnt remove the ecu and box, Im going to see if ford will fit it for me as they are only up the road. 1. would they fit it and 2. would it be a costly job?

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
I tried to fit a induction kit yest and failed, i couldnt remove the ecu and box, Im going to see if ford will fit it for me as they are only up the road. 1. would they fit it and 2. would it be a costly job?
I would be surprised if they will fit it or even know how to fit it. They dont know how to do half the jobs on a standard ST. In 2007 I took my car in when it was not boosting properly and they changed the oil filter housing telling me it was fine. As soon as I drove up the road it was evident it wasnt. Eventually 2 weeks later they changed the actuator to eventually cure it. But still charged me for the filter housing claiming it had gone anyway - Dealers ? wouldnt let them near my car from choice.

·
Kalmar Union
1,301 Posts
I would say that if you are not running over 300bhp or so and have no intention of going that way then try and return the kit to your supplier and leave the standard inlet tract on and save yourself time and money..

It is very well designed and effective up to arround that output.

regards, Don.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
I would say that if you are not running over 300bhp or so and have no intention of going that way then try and return the kit to your supplier and leave the standard inlet tract on and save yourself time and money..

It is very well designed and effective up to arround that output.

regards, Don.
Noooooo because I want noiseeeeeeee!!!! and maybe 300 will be for the future, got to start somewhere and buy bits by bits

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
BSR kit, it sits where the original box sit...... k&N or dreamscience was a no no as I live down a
lane with deep puddles and flooded ***** so there would be a chance of soaking if not sucking up water

·
Registered
7,372 Posts
BSR kit, it sits where the original box sit...... k&N or dreamscience was a no no as I live down a
lane with deep puddles and flooded ***** so there would be a chance of soaking if not sucking up water
Good idea mate.

Did you follow the how to or just have a go at guessing?

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah i tried to follow, but it will not budge and all the ecu wires are tight along the bottom. it really is set in there so tight,

1 - 12 of 12 Posts