Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Anyone on here able to figure out the price of the pre- and post-cat lambda sensors when purchased through Ford? Both the retail and trade prices would be ideal.

My garage ordered via Ford and has somehow reached a figure of £299.94 for the two (before VAT and excluding labour).

·
Registered
10,290 Posts
That sounds about right.
I think you can also buy them at a cost of 1x arm and 1x leg.

Get them from a reputable place (other than Ford) and save yourself a few £.

As a comparison, you can get both parts (made by Bosch) for £120 from EuroCarParts.

·
Registered
794 Posts
The first lot were from Car Parts 4 Less at a fraction of the price (~£75 each while on offer), but on the assumption these cheaper parts might have been faulty (the old P0142 came back) I went and agreed to having the garage purchase a second set from Ford directly. An average £150 each before VAT seems crazy.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
When I tried to purchase the cat lambda from Eurocarparts it turned out to be the wrong one and they do not do the correct one. "Just Lambda" in Hull sell the genuine Bosch for £80 and a Walker pattern one for £60.

·
Registered
851 Posts
When I tried to purchase the cat lambda from Eurocarparts it turned out to be the wrong one and they do not do the correct one. "Just Lambda" in Hull sell the genuine Bosch for £80 and a Walker pattern one for £60.
As above the one eurocarparts list for the cat is definitely wrong! I thought I had a bargain at around 69 for te sensor but it wasn't a bargain when it wa wrong lol

·
Registered
545 Posts
[sub]Slight hijack, apologies, I'm looking at putting in a spacer to shut the light up, may as well swap out the sensor. Daz, wanna talk about that spare one you got?[/sub]
[sub]Hijack over![/sub]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts