Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Recently got this message on my dash.Emergency call system malfunction. Service required

I then lost connection to my Ford Pass App

took into ford for them to repair and after a day of trying resetting computers doing several updates it still didn't work

The last thing they tried was to remove my battery for 30mins then reconnect

'This solved my problem so if this happens to you I would try the battery before taking the car to ford

·
Registered
260 Posts
Recently got this message on my dash.Emergency call system malfunction. Service required

I then lost connection to my Ford Pass App

took into ford for them to repair and after a day of trying resetting computers doing several updates it still didn't work

The last thing they tried was to remove my battery for 30mins then reconnect

'This solved my problem so if this happens to you I would try the battery before taking the car to ford
This is a common fault with the Mk4 (not just ST).

People have removed Fuse 11 (telematics module) or disconnected the battery, which resolved it, only for it to return a few weeks later in most cases. Some people have had replacement batteries from Ford.

I get this error occasionally also, and the phone kit regularly won't work (the volume is slow low and muffled I can't hear the caller), until I press the SOS button to initiate an emergency call, then hang up immediately, at which point the phone returns to full volume for the next call.

On another forum I've seen lots of Mk4 owners being told there is a software update due in April for it. I haven't gotten around to bringing mine in yet

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.