Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Driveout to the Lakes 19.1.13. - Just wondered if any members from the Yorks, Humber & surrounding area were interested in going over to join this? Meeting them at 10.30am on the A66 just west of Penrith. The route we will take is A1 North, Harrogate, over Blubberhouses to Skipton Travelodge for 8.30am, A65 to Kendal, A6 over the Shap to Penrith. Anybody fancies convoying over and joining it, please add your name.
- Meet Doncaster North to leave at 7am to convoy to Penrith.

RSPARTSdist. -

David Govier -

MarkST320 -

Coley_ST3 -
(joining at Skipton)

Stnut -

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
Driveout to the Lakes 19.1.13. - Just wondered if any members from the Yorks, Humber & surrounding area were interested in going over to join this? They are meeting at 8am at the Toby Carvery, Ainley Top, Huddersfield. HD2 2LB. Anybody fancies convoying over and joining it, please add your name.
I'll join up with you Nick.

Have you got a link to the original thread?

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
I'll join up with you Nick.

Have you got a link to the original thread?
Nice one Dave! Its on Yorks Ford Meet on Facebook. It basically just states the same info I have. Yorks FordMeet are driving up via Shipley and Skipton then meeting up with the Cumbrian members in Keswick and goin for a tour round the Lakes.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How far is the meet from Ripon nick?
Hi Chris! Ripon to Huddersfield is about 50 miles, but then we are driving over to the Lakes remember. Doncaster to Huddersfield is about 68 miles, so you would be closer than us if your in Ripon.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Hi Chris! Ripon to Huddersfield is about 50 miles, but then we are driving over to the Lakes remember. Doncaster to Huddersfield is about 68 miles, so you would be closer than us if your in Ripon.
Yea I will be in Ripon on that Saturday I believe so it would be easier if I just met you at the lakes would it?

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yea I will be in Ripon on that Saturday I believe so it would be easier if I just met you at the lakes would it?
Would be easier if you met us enroute at Skipton. Ripon to Skipton is about 30 miles depending which route you take. We are leaving Huddersfield at 8.30am so I would think if your there for 9.30am you should catch us.

·
Registered
298 Posts
If you could give me a post code for me to meet you then that's good as iv only been based in Ripon for 2 days & then went on Xmas Leave.
Thanks

Would be easier if you met us enroute at Skipton. Ripon to Skipton is about 30 miles depending which route you take. We are leaving Huddersfield at 8.30am so I would think if your there for 9.30am you should catch us.
Forgot to quote for the above

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you could give me a post code for me to meet you then that's good as iv only been based in Ripon for 2 days & then went on Xmas Leave.
Thanks

Forgot to quote for the above
I have left a message for a time and location in Skipton for you. Soon as I know I will let you know Chris.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Just be aware guys if your going on the M62 there's a long stretch of 50mph limit with average speed cameras right through from Leeds pretty much all the way to Huddersfield.
Don't want anyone getting caught.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Just be aware guys if your going on the M62 there's a long stretch of 50mph limit with average speed cameras right through from Leeds pretty much all the way to Huddersfield.
Don't want anyone getting caught.
Im not sure which way they are taking us from Huddersfield James but thanks for the "heads up". Its about time the work was finished there, ive endured those roadworks for years, everytime I go over to "Head Office" - a right pain
I believe the route is out through Shipley to Skipton then the A65 to Kendal, so the M62 wont be involved hopefully. Saying that looking at the map we may go East on the M62 for a few miles to go up through Bradford to get to Shipley, its not the route I would pick but im not planning it, so good call James!
Just seen on Facebook they are going up the M6 from Kendal, nobody must have told them one of the best roads in England runs nearly parallel and it will be empty.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts