Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finally got my car washed after six-weeks plus. Didn't spend too long on the motor, just a standard wash, and the bonnet waxed with Auto Glym Aqua Wax as it was too cold to finish the rest off.

Wait until it gets a tad warmer, then I will be removing all the waxy build-up with a very mild detergent, then apply the SupaGard Paint Sealant and then will fully wax the car, either with Aqua Wax or Meguiars, so watch this space.....

These photos are nothing special, and nothing you have not seen already by other members, but just wanted to share and prove that my motor does get washed.

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys and gals for all of your comments, but it's typical now though, normal English weather ruined everything.

Why do we bother washing cars?

Anyways, thanks again everyone.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Looking good. You need to get the car machine polished with a good finishing compound to get rid of all the holograms. My Mica Blue Subaru was the same in direct sunlight, looks like swirly holograms behind the laquer, its just needs a finer polish to finish it off, then it will look like new

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
QUOTE(chrisd @ 12 Feb 2010, 05:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Looking good. You need to get the car machine polished with a good finishing compound to get rid of all the holograms. My Mica Blue Subaru was the same in direct sunlight, looks like swirly holograms behind the laquer, its just needs a finer polish to finish it off, then it will look like new

This might be a stupid question, but by machine polished, do you mean with those electric buffers, if so I do own one of them and actually was giving by a rep' from Auto Glym. I only use that in the summer or late-spring after I've applied the paint sealant etc...

·
Registered
675 Posts
QUOTE(Wesley949 @ 12 Feb 2010, 05:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>This might be a stupid question, but by machine polished, do you mean with those electric buffers, if so I do own one of them and actually was giving by a rep' from Auto Glym. I only use that in the summer or late-spring after I've applied the paint sealant etc...

They are not really up to much to be honest. Most people start off with a Dual Action machine like the Meguiars one or Portercable etc. You get holograms on darker paints when they have been polished with to heavy a compound. Ie the paint is made nice and shiny, but the polish has left its own 'marks' in the paint. You could try just using a finishing polish by hand.

I use the Menzerna polishes for machines polishing. Its about the best I have tried. The Final finish is just as good by hand though. Heres a link for 250ml bottle

Menzerna PO85RD

1 - 14 of 14 Posts