Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys any difference in quality and strength between genuine ford drop links and pattern ones? Quite a difference in price but willing to pay if it means a stronger part. Cheers fellas.

·
Registered
57 Posts
From experiance with NON ST Foci (dunno of the drop links are the same), there is a difference.

The genuine ones tend to last alot longer. Tho being a tight git I've still used the pattern ones - but had to change them every 2 years.

On balance, I didn't think the extra was worth it, but it's your cash.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
The same with any pattern parts, they're cheaper because they're generally of inferior quality. I don't imagine there'll be much difference in price too when comparing some of the sponsors on here.

Try CarPartsExpress if you haven't already

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
i got a set of the after market 1 to fit to my car ! they seem to look ok ! and the price wasco cheap not to have i bought them knowing when i fit my anti roll bar my old 1 will prob break ! think i paid about 20 ish pound each i know it was deffo less then 50 for the pair !

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,598 Posts
I don't think there is an absolute answer to this question.
Some parts will be indistinguishable from OEM and others notably inferior.
It helps if you can look at the two side by side but even that doesn't give you the whole story e.g. material specification.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
If your pockets are deep enough than go with the fords ones, lenfordes are a next good aftermarket make, i'm sure i got the right spelling without looking it up for them ones but dont go too cheap with them..my experience with the cheapos.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts