Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no i accelerated... and the loud noise was deemed enough to issue me with an ASBO for raised engine noise....

pretty pathetic really

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
jeez i've heard it all now. you sure they just issued you with an asbo or had you been warned before?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jeez i've heard it all now. you sure they just issued you with an asbo or had you been warned before?
nope he said ive accelerated hard until 30 then braked....

causing distress to other road users and engine noise....

12 month asbo...

i was like wtf?

only took it to about 2.5k revs aswell

nope no points no warnings. just slaped me with an ASBO and paperwork came through 2 days later.....

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
Thats well out or order.......

How did they determine that the exhaust noise was too high and causing distress to other road users ??

Did anyone complain or was it the opinion of the officer.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thats well out or order.......

How did they determine that the exhaust noise was too high and causing distress to other road users ??

Did anyone complain or was it the opinion of the officer.....
Opinion of the officer... no no-one complained...

i thought it was harsh but hey ho... its only a piece of paper... not as if im going to get pulled for it again... just need to be careful and not go near 2.5k rpm... lol

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Just bought some ASBO badges for the car

not as if im lying like people who've never been to the nurburgring with nurburgring stickers haha....

·
Registered
112 Posts
I would have asked him to prove the exhaust was too loud, prove you were causing distress to other drivers and if he couldn't provide either to the letter of the law I would have told him jog on the jobsworth.

·
Registered
4,264 Posts
I thought ASBO's were issued by a Court, not by a Police Officer.
Section 59 Notice under the Police Reform Act is what he is referring to I believe.

Sorry OP I can only think of 2 reasons you would have got one, 1 you were actually being anti social with the car, 2 you were being anti social with the car and gave the officers less than the best in the way of respect lol

2500 revs to 30, what gear were you in then?

I was offered one when I had an ex staff member in the car once, I politely declined, and I believe Dan ViperST managed to get one in Sarfend, which is an amazing feat.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts