Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Ford as full of it, dropped the car off this morning at m local dealer to get TSB 61 done movement in drivers seat base. Thought right well theres a TSB out for this its in warrenty and they've even got instructions on how to solve the problem. Oh no its not that simple, they called me just now to say there going to have to take the seat out and strip it down to identify the problem and order the part(s) and they want me to leave the car there over the weekend. This is dispite the TSB saying install 2 washers and that removing the seat is not necessary
. I pointed this out to them and all i got was well we can only do it under warrenty by doing it this way

it just feels like a deliberate tactic to inconvenience me and put me off having it done, oh and they nicly reminded me that the year 1 warrenty which covers this is up on the 9th of march, thanks ford

end rant

Thread on TSB 61

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
i know dealerships always put warrenty work to the back of the pile so its proberly an excuse as they dont have time to get all the paying work in....
i see it done day after day lol. tell them you want a loan car at least

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
good old ford customer service.
useless.
its just because its friday mate.
i always try to avoid getting any work done on friday if i can help it.
they either do a half assed job or leave you stranded over the weekend.

·
Registered
477 Posts
I got the "so called" fix performed on my car when it was out of warranty and it actually made the seat worse. It creaks like a beeatch whereas it just moved previous to it being operated on. They then had the cheek to say that BOTH seat bases were
and I would be the best part of £300 for EACH base and thats before the add labour onto that!!!!

Needless to say I am still running about with the original bases and intend to do so until I get rid of the car!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
I would recommend DIY, it takes 5 mins to remove the seat and it is utterly uncomplicated to take apart and put back together again.

Thing with the interior fixes is that it requires painstaking attention to detail, which vast majority of garages would lack. Especially if they are doing it free or very little money.

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(vladSTer @ 12 Feb 2010, 01:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thing with the interior fixes is that it requires painstaking attention to detail, which vast majority of garages would lack. Especially if they are doing it free or very little money.

This is what worries me.

Got the car back now its rebooked in for monday and apprently they've ordered the parts for then as well. The parts they said they could only ordered after taking the seat appart

theres just no consistancy with these people. Anyway if i get it done and its not right when i pick it up they'll just have to fix it as its still under warrenty.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts