Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have lost my originals and am going to buy some more but not sure whether to have them on the inside of the window or on the outside.

Also - I have factory fit tinted windows at the back so not sure whether the internal vinyl will be visible through them.

Thanks for any opinions

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Ksoms ,Troy, Stingy!

QUOTE(stingy @ 16 Jan 2010, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>mine went on the outside mate, cos i just know my kids could'nt resist picking at them on the inside

Stingy, that's a fair point! - as per Troys note, do you have any issues washing the motor with them on the outside - will a power washer cause them any problems?

Thanks agains

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,446 Posts
QUOTE(seanyb @ 16 Jan 2010, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks Ksoms ,Troy, Stingy!

Stingy, that's a fair point! - as per Troys note, do you have any issues washing the motor with them on the outside - will a power washer cause them any problems?

Thanks agains

no issues when cleaning seany. vinyl is extremely tough. just dont put the power hose up close. when cleaning the windows i use rain x spray cleaner and have had no probs. would'nt use a cream cleaner though, as i would imagine you would get a chalky residue around the stickers. same would apply on the inside imho.
just noticed in your sig you have a 5 door mate. some members fit theirs at an angle on the rear quarter light, looks good.

·
Registered
662 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks everyone

Stingy - now you mention it I remember seeing a pic of a 5 door with them placed diagonal in the rear quater window and I really liked that

Looks as though the general rule of thumb is external application for tinted windows - just hope they stay on

QUOTE(DurhamLad1973 @ 17 Jan 2010, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sean Ive got a spare set, and Im almost certain they are extertnals, if you want them.

Andy - that would be great, I'll reply to your PM.
Cheers,
Sean.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.