Ford Focus ST Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody here a member of our sister club FRSOC?,have you seen the new layout its ******* awful,I won't be renewing my membership,I hope this isn't the future for our club site,because if it is I won't be using it.I can understand making things better but if it ain't broke why fix it.It looks like lots lots of American forums and I hate the layout.If this is the future for our clubs I think they'll be losing lots of revenue,have the FiestaOC site changed,I think it's the first nail in the coffin

·
Super Moderator
8,491 Posts
They will all be the same eventually,probably be ok once you get used to it ,iam not a fan but will use it

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,334 Posts
Mondeostoc has changed already, focusrsoc was today and we are due to be done next week.

You need to give it a chance.

·
Super Moderator
8,491 Posts
I'll say one thing for the new site it's much easier to upload photos,there doesn't seem to be a size limit,not happy about having to pay an extra $20 a year to stop all the adverts

·
Registered
MK3 FPM375 RS
312 Posts
Its not my cup of tea at all, Im a member on both and will not be renewing.

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
Sounds like the site is on a slippery slope , to be honest the new site is not why I have been a member on here for the last 11 years , what info can the new site give that’s not already here .

·
Premium Member
477 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
They are putting profit first,I won't be the only one leaving-I think loads of people will.As a business owner would you spend money on a shrinking market-NO.Typical greed there's nothing wrong with the present set up,it just exploitation end of.Greed comes first,it will just encourage people to splinter and set up their own groups,all the knowledge gained will be lost.With all due respect Alb I don't agre with "give it time",it's all about screwing us over to get more money.This site will have a slow long death along with the others.Yes you will get new members but you'll be be losing a lot more.Call me a dinosaur but I'm a realist,but as a business owner I can see that this business plan has FAIL written all over it.When this sight does change I won't be logging on anymore and I'll join other clubs.Its a sad state where the owners ride rough shod over the members that made this site successful just to line their own pockets.And one day Alb you'll wake up and you will realise I was right,you are the master and we follow,you are one of the reasons why I joined,it will be a sad day but all good things come to an end.I enjoyed all your posts and will be sad to leave

·
Premium Member
1,323 Posts
Free membership makes it more attractive to some people I guess, thats what the other similar sites offer.

·
Super Moderator
13,281 Posts
They are putting profit first,I won't be the only one leaving-I think loads of people will.As a business owner would you spend money on a shrinking market-NO.Typical greed there's nothing wrong with the present set up,it just exploitation end of.Greed comes first,it will just encourage people to splinter and set up their own groups,all the knowledge gained will be lost.With all due respect Alb I don't agre with "give it time",it's all about screwing us over to get more money.This site will have a slow long death along with the others.Yes you will get new members but you'll be be losing a lot more.Call me a dinosaur but I'm a realist,but as a business owner I can see that this business plan has FAIL written all over it.When this sight does change I won't be logging on anymore and I'll join other clubs.Its a sad state where the owners ride rough shod over the members that made this site successful just to line their own pockets.And one day Alb you'll wake up and you will realise I was right,you are the master and we follow,you are one of the reasons why I joined,it will be a sad day but all good things come to an end.I enjoyed all your posts and will be sad to leave
If I was the owner of several forums I'd want them all to run the same software too, it's just a sensible thing to do. Makes them easier to maintain and upgrade if they're all on the same platform. So I think rather than greed being the motivation for this change it's maintainability and less headaches.

This change was actually announced on here, it shouldn't be coming as a susprise.

Nobody likes change, as somebody with autism I especially hate it. But this does seem like a sensible change from the owner's point of view and once everybody has become tired of ripping into it just because it's changed and become familar with the new layout it'll be like it never happened. We get the same thing every time a new ST comes out - nobody likes it, nobody wants it, yet six months later loads of people are buying it.

·
Administrator
Mk2 RS MP350
24,334 Posts
VS currently claim ownership of over 1200 websites so Sean's use of the word "several" is a bit of an understatement!

A single software platform makes perfect business sense.

Obtrusive advertising is another subject entirely. If that isn't handled sensitively, it can certainly have a negative impact.

·
Premium Member
769 Posts
not happy about having to pay an extra $20 a year to stop all the adverts
.....and there you have it!!! That is what all of this is about!!

As for using the analogy of it is the same with every new model of ST, sorry but you are wrong. It is akin to buying the ST you like and then Ford contacting you to say they are going to change what you have already paid for, make it worse, then charge you alot more for the pleasure.

So yeah you are right I suppose like changing from a Mk.2 to Mk.3 🤣

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
We do this for love John :lol:
That's the point , we all love it or we wouldn't be here , I don't do Facebook but I think it's going to have to come to that , you can giggle about it all you want , even Geoff liked it but he's never on here gone

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
That's the point , we all love it or we wouldn't be here , I don't do Facebook but I think it's going to have to come to that , you can giggle about it all you want , even Geoff liked it but he's never on here gone
The last bit doesn't make a lot of sense but the reason I liked it was because when I was staff people naturally assumed you got paid .....and if they did, I'm due several years back pay :lol:

·
Premium Member
1,213 Posts
The last bit doesn't make a lot of sense but the reason I liked it was because when I was staff people naturally assumed you got paid .....and if they did, I'm due several years back pay :lol:
Ahhh That's what you meant when you said I'll sort the breakfasts out on Sunday in the Owls Nest

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.