Ford Focus ST Forum banner
21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
MK3.5 Stealth Grey ST
129 Posts
I tried pm him a while a go, got no reply emailed the company got no reply, not sure if they're active on here or whether you need to call them.

·
Premium Member
Tangerine Scream ST3 2013, with some stuff done.
1,394 Posts
Why is their ST on an awd rolling road, was it converted to awd?

·
Premium Member
Nick - Mk3.5 FL ST3 Moondust Silver
5,662 Posts
On the Mk3's especially if the rear wheels are not being driven at the same speed as the front wheels then the car thinks it has a problem & very quickly switches to limp home mode & reduces power as I found out myself a while ago! On the mk4 it is even worse as if the various sensors don't detect movement as well the car can think it has had a crash & cut everything off!
In short RR'ing a Mk2 can just give an ESP fault if the rear wheels are not spinning but Ford seem to have made the system even more 'clever' in later models................................😡

·
Premium Member
Graham - mk2 stage 3
5,189 Posts
On the Mk3's especially if the rear wheels are not being driven at the same speed as the front wheels then the car thinks it has a problem & very quickly switches to limp home mode & reduces power as I found out myself a while ago! On the mk4 it is even worse as if the various sensors don't detect movement as well the car can think it has had a crash & cut everything off!
In short RR'ing a Mk2 can just give an ESP fault if the rear wheels are not spinning but Ford seem to have made the system even more 'clever' in later models................................😡
Another thing from the mk2 that probably affects other marks with similar effects is uneven tyre wear. If the difference between your newest/greatest tread depth tyre to the most worn is sufficient it will trigger the ECU to believe there is a fault.

This also happend when the Goodyear Assimetric tyre was first released. I saw a picture on here with another brand side by sice and you could clearly see that the Goodyear was smaller! OKJ if you replaced all 4, but if you only did 2 some people found that it triggered a fault. Not heard of this recently and the Goodyears are now in their 3rd or 4th generation so I suspect that this situation won't be happening now.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts