Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all new to all this so please forgive me... Am just about to pick up an st2 with the mountune kit. I was told by the sales people it would make no insurance difference and even when I told my insurance company they said they had never herd of it and so would make no difference please help as I may just cancel the car and get a normal one if it is going to make a big difference, also what does this do to the mpg please?

My first post was deleted please explain to me why please so I can not do the same error again.. thanx

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
the mountune is recognised by insurance companys as an ST260 dont cancel and buy a "normal" one you would be making a big mistake {in my opinion}

·
Registered
198 Posts
Insured mine as the 260 upgrade, the premium does go up a bit, but I suppose it will depend on your age and location..
Well worth the extra few quid, will give you a massive smile every time you turn the key.. Enjoy

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
QUOTE(marcobz @ 22 Nov 2009, 09:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Insured mine as the 260 upgrade, the premium does go up a bit, but I suppose it will depend on your age and location..
Well worth the extra few quid, will give you a massive smile every time you turn the key.. Enjoy
yet when i mountuned mine the insurance went down by 15quid

·
Registered
501 Posts
thanx all so far it shows that car dealers do not know what they are selling and it should have been advertised as an ST260... nice car but when I just got the quote it went up from 640 up to 800 an extra 150 quid so will have to see if they have a different one in stock.. shame loved the noise

Can anyone tell me what does this kit do to the mile per gallon please?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
have you tried the insurance companys on this site as they are very good and know what they are talking about regarding ST models etc and will ususally do you a good price
as for mpg mine stayed the same under normal driving but suffers a bit if i hammer it everywhere

·
Registered
501 Posts
thanx for that got good insurance quote from greenlight insurance £672 so gona buy the car... I will prob buy my membership from here.. thanx all.. Just hope it does a few miles per gallon.. but that noise is so good.. shame u hav to b old to afford the insurance coz wud have loved one when I was a kid!

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
QUOTE(darrenx @ 23 Nov 2009, 09:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>thanx for that got good insurance quote from greenlight insurance £672 so gona buy the car... I will prob buy my membership from here.. thanx all..

I have the mountune kit and bell insured the car for 450 notes a year

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
My policy is with Bell,also have Mountune...it is recognised as ST260 upgrade on my policy...price is £280

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Got insurance quote from Green light insurance round about £700 inc many extras so happy ish but then it will be so much fun withe the mountune kit all that cool noise... I will fill her up when i pick her up on Sat and have sum fun....

I also see on various websites that you can get the car chipped will this improve mpg or has this been done with the mountune kit?

·
Registered
557 Posts
The Mountune map cannot be altered with another 'chip' and under normal driving conditions you should find it more economical than standard.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts