Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all - new to the site so sorry if this is in the wrong place or has been answered already.

I've been looking into buying a mk 2 RS spoiler or lookalike for my ST. Not sure if it's best to buy it painted already for ~£300 or to buy one and get it painted myself?

Any ideas on how much I would be spending to have the spoiler painted at a bodyshop or something?

Also, is it difficult to remove/fit?

Cheers! :bounce:

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
Firstly welcome to the club. :welcome:

As for the RS spoilers the original ones are obviously the best - but also the most expensive! Again if you can get one already painted in the colour you want, plus it is in good condition, then that will be the best & cheapest option. They don't cost a fortune to spray but again you get what you pay for - a couple of hundred in a bodyshop or £10 of Halfords rattle cans!

The copy ones vary massively in quality of build & also quality of fit. There are good ones out there but again if it is cheap then it is cheap for a reason! They can sometimes cost as much to put right as they do to buy in the first case.

I would advise looking for a good as quality used one as you can afford - ideally an OEM one, but if it is a copy one then at least all the fettling work will have already been done. As for fitting them once the brakelight & washer pipe have been removed they just unbolt from inside the boot lid - plus they are usually stuck down with a bit of sealant as well. Easy job.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.