Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How much should I aim for if I px my 06 Orange ST3 with 14500miles at a dealer? It's immaculate too.

Thx

·
Registered
252 Posts
Going off some of the prices people want for them on here about 12k

In the real world I think you'd be lucky to get more than 8.5k px maybe 9.5k private

·
Registered
360 Posts
QUOTE(c.b @ 19 Jan 2010, 01:05 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Going off some of the prices people want for them on here about 12k

In the real world I think you'd be lucky to get more than 8.5k px maybe 9.5k private

People always go low, where in fact prices seem to have stabilised and are fetching good money, especially for the later models. Low mileage example in mint condition I wouldnt take less than £10k p/x personally, £11-12k pte sale should be do able you just have to find a buyer.

With a forum like this im surprised we dont have more influence in the sale prices of used ST's. As with anything its subjective and only ever worth what someone is willing to pay for it (within reason!).

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
the ford where i worked today have just bought a 06 st3 in black with 32k on it.payed the guy £10.5k and on the pitch for £12.995 but there gona drop it to £11.995

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah, doing more milage now! Fuel bill is around £120 a week! So looking for a bmw 123d hatch. Quick and eco

·
Registered
11,382 Posts
It all depends one what you are paying for the BM.

Assuming you get the BM for a reasonable (cheap) price I would say £10K.

As Gray says you you need to take at least £2K off the forecourt price (due to finance, servicing, hpi checks admin, VAT, profit etc) to get to what the car came into a dealer for so if they are selling for 12-13K, £10K seems right.

Good luck with the BM, I have one (118d m sport though
) they are quite nice but not as much fun as the ST 9but let snot start all the BMW-v-
thing again

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok got a call from one of the BMW dealers, offered me £8500, is it me or is that a bit low!?

·
Registered
379 Posts
QUOTE(Trist @ 24 Jan 2010, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ok got a call from one of the BMW dealers, offered me £8500, is it me or is that a bit low!?

quite low tbh. but probably about right, we buy any car offered me £8,495 for mine friday, and its a 56 with 29k miles.

looks like u might have to just take the hit - especially paying all that out on petrol.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hmm suppose so.

A mate has just told me I can go into my local Ford and sell them the car back, they might offer me more than BMW. Is this true? Didnt know you could do this, always thought you had to walk away with a deal on a new car then haha

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
QUOTE(Trist @ 24 Jan 2010, 05:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ok got a call from one of the BMW dealers, offered me £8500, is it me or is that a bit low!?

If you able to sell the car private that is what I would be doing and try to get a couple of grand more towards another car,there is no way I would sell a 14500 mile ST for £8500

·
Registered
379 Posts
id probably try private first. try www.pistonheads.com, my mates always on there selling cars and they seem to go quick!

Could try ford, i always thought they only bought cars when u deal on another, but my local dealer actually puts an ad in the paper saying they will buy decent cars. when i sold my fiesta i nearly went down that route but px'd it anyway

·
Registered
145 Posts
Are you sure a 2002 Zafira wouldn't take your fancy!!!!!

I'm currently looking for an ST and have £8.5 cash plus the Zafa to trade.

Seem to be plenty to choose from at the moment, just a case of getting out there and finding the best possible price.

I have to say Trist, yours is a beaut!
If I had the time to sell my privately, you could have have the £10.5 from me

Good luck with it, and don't rush, I'm sure the right deal will come along for you.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Thank you

How do I go about this then, as I could put the ST up for 12k say on piston and it sells before I sort out a deal and finance on my new car. Where do I stand, is it a case of hopefully the buyer is understanding etc

Cheers footballer
Shes immaculate, not a mark on anything. I was lucky the previous owner never used it, so it was like new when I brought it.

·
Registered
379 Posts
QUOTE(Trist @ 24 Jan 2010, 09:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thank you

How do I go about this then, as I could put the ST up for 12k say on piston and it sells before I sort out a deal and finance on my new car. Where do I stand, is it a case of hopefully the buyer is understanding etc

Cheers footballer
Shes immaculate, not a mark on anything. I was lucky the previous owner never used it, so it was like new when I brought it.

yeah u just gotta hope that the buyer is prepared to wait i think. thats the trouble with private, id be even more ******** coz i would need to sell to get the money but also need to go to work at the same time!

Auto trader is also good but its about 20 odd quid

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Now I'm in the same situation as you! Need some of the funds from the ST and I use it daily for work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts