Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi my focus st oil temp guage has stopped working and the pressure is like constantly reading 5 bar even after 1 hour of driving bit worried never had this happen or any probs with car, please help and advise if this can make further probs

thanks

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 30 Jan 2010, 08:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I would suspect your map sensors faulty, does the car run fine? oil level ok?

Hi thanks for reply,

oil level fine hmm im not sure might just be being paranoid but it feels like its not boosting straight away, and we all know they pic up straight away in any gear, so i thought it was my dsf 3000 so returned to stock and it felt even worse very sluggish? gaaar ?? lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Iv one had a simular problem when my oil temp didnt wanna move.
When i reached my destination i tried everything, including restart a couple of times.
Then suddenly when on idle and very near to give up, i touched the handbrake. (To the first click)
In that second the dail went up to the currect value, and have never seen the problem again.

Isnt it also possible to read oil temp in the dash service menu...? (The one that pops up by holding "SET" and then turn the key to 2 click)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I diidnt know about that tbh ill have a look, Just wish it wasnt happening not had anything go wrong with this car apart from the (s h i t e) Puma build modified KKK turbo upgrade which blew up in 2 days pa

·
Premium Member
Trevor B
1,178 Posts
QUOTE(rowsonst @ 30 Jan 2010, 07:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>hi my focus st oil temp guage has stopped working and the pressure is like constantly reading 5 bar even after 1 hour of driving bit worried never had this happen or any probs with car, please help and advise if this can make further probs

thanksI can't tell you where the threads are on here on this, but there is a fair amount of info. Its an old very popular problem on cars up to 2007/8. Should have thought Ford have sorted it by now.. "Fishy" for one should be along to respond on this. I had it on both brand new STs I had at aroung 1,500 miles. The oil press reads high/maximum and oil temp stays a low reading or zero.
Most common problem was poor connection at MAP sensor just in front of headlight located about half way down side of radiator on drivers side. In both cases mine rectified itself. The oil temp and oil press guages are not "direct" connections/readings off the engine - they are calculated via ecu and sensors so they could be regarded as "show" really

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
This is a common fault that happens in 2 guises, either with or without the engine fan coming on constantly when the engines running (ac on or not).

If your engine fan is not on then it is probably the MAP or MAF sensor playing up, if the engine fan is on then it is an electrical problem which Ford have no solution too, I work for Ford and they have spent hours looking over the car with Master techs, replacing MAP/MAF sensors, the Turbo pod, clusters etc etc, to be honest they don't know what causes it and they don't seem bothered to find out either as its a seemingly rare occurance. Funny thing is if you clear the fault code it usually fixes itself, either that or just wait a few days and it will probably be ok for a few months!

Good old ford eh..

·
Registered
109 Posts
I concur with the sensor faults the guys are saying, i've had this issue a couple times. They can clear it on the diagnostics machine, an i even had it booked in to replace the said sensor. However the day i brought it in to have it replaced they didnt do it because the fault werent showing, an therefore wouldnt replace the part! Good ol'fords, anything to save a few pennies

·
Registered
29 Posts
I've also had this problem, last November, on my 58 plate and had the continuously running cooling fan running symptom as well. After around 6 or so trips to the dealers, a new MAP sensor and lots of head scratching, Ford reckoned it was a faulty loom. To this day, I'm not sure if the loom has ever turned up (not had a call to say it has) but the fault has never come back. As Ford don't seem to have a clue what the problem is, if it happens again, I'll just pull the KAM fuse and clear it myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts