Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Just fitted my Mountune cat back a few days ago. Sounds very nice when giving it the beans, but no motorway drone. Took a little video for anyone whos interested, just some revving to hear the pops and bangs, please excuse my mother part way through the video

Mountune Cat Back

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(FocusOwner @ 21 Dec 2009, 06:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sounds nice mate, whats it like on town driving?

Les

Thanks for the comments guys, im really pleased with it. As for town driving Les, its quiet, but you get more pops when you lift off, you can make it noisey if you want to, or in the right gear it can be silent, just what i wanted

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Have to agree with you mate, ive got one of these bad boys fitted on mine. Love the sound it makes at max chat, but very civilised and quiet when driving normally.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
I am glad you are pleased with it Dave

I agree you can drive the car more or less with the same level of noise as the standard exhaust or a bit louder if you want to...

A bit more expensive than other exhausts,but Miltek are similiar priced and you keep your warranty(or should have no issues) too with the Mountune

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(FocusOwner @ 21 Dec 2009, 07:18 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I am guessing no cabin drone then.

Les

No mate, no drone at any point ever, just more pops and bangs, and a throatier noise when you put your foot down

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I am ordering one asap...as soon as I can get hold of Dave from Mountune but I can't get hold of anyone...maybe Mountune are closed over xmas lol

Sounds awesome mate, be interesting to hear a vid of the cat/downpipe as well if anyones got one fitted.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Bought my
with Mountune pack in October and it was a week later when i first cleaned it that i noticed the laser etched Mountune tailpipes.

As i was new to the car, i had been taking it nice and easy and it just sounded lovely and refined. The exhaust is perfect for me, nice and quiet when you want it to be and a throaty, warbly beast when leaning hard on the loud pedal.

I use the car for commuting and do lots of motorway work and the exhaust is just enough at cruising speed to remind me of whats under the hood but never droning or intrusive! 10/10 for the Mountune cat back!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts