Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
HI all,

I know this is the Focus ST forum but has anyone driven a fiesta ST in the recent snow??

I ask because the car is absolutely shocking, me and my wife both drive the same way to work and but leave at different times and come home at different times, yesterday I get a phone call from my wife saying that her car was stuck trying to get up a hill, so knowing I would be there soon I decided to drive the same way (in my Focus ST) even know it was icy to help out, when I get there I find her half way up a slight incline wheels spinning and not going anywhere, so I decide to attempt the hill and didn't slip once no lights on the dashboard and no wheel spin, I was surprised she was stuck. Now being a man I thought it was obviously her and she just couldn't drive, getting in a mood I told her to get out the car and let me get it up the hill, try as I might she was completely stuck, I rolled back to the bottom of the hill and tried going up a slightly different line and still it wouldn't get past about half way, then to my complete shock an S Reg corsa (old shape) drove up the hill, overtook us and carried on, followed by a transit, then a pug 106. (I did apologise to her for moaning )

Now she had a service early December and had 3 tyres changed by ford, they were Pirelli tyres and were not cheap! She has only done about 100 miles since her service cause I pretty much drive everywhere.

In the end we rolled down the hill, parked up and she got in my car and we went home, she is getting it this afternoon when hopefully the roads are less icy!

Anyone got any ideas why we were completely stuck and "lesser cars" (if you can call them that cause they can get up a hill) can cope with it??

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
After repeated attempts to get up the hill, the tread on the tyres may have been all clogged with frozen, compacted ice and snow - resulting in effectively four slick tyres.

Your car, and the others, may not have had this issue.

Just a theory.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah i thought about the ice in the groves as a reason but still dont know why she had the problem in the first place, as dream weaver said aswell maybe the tyres were still a bit slick from them being new

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.