Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
bought an orange focus in december the 2 heated windscreen lights come on each time the ignition is turned on can anyone tell me if this is an electrical fault .

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Same here its to do with outside temp. Nice way of posting a fault without actually visiting the faults page, but then not being a paid up member you'll probably know that you cant access most of the forum anyway!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
sorry to be a pain but like the usless pc guy i am do you know how to change my user name???

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(davechci @ 20 Jan 2010, 10:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>nah not a fault, maybe a facelift "perk"

thanks again. have you got a one of them engin up grades (red alert) and if so any good and someone told me thay tend to wear the clitch out???

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
I believe you mean code:red?? I have got the dreamscience one (same thing in essence). The clutch can slip with a few mods on the car however i believe its only in 5th/6th and doesnt do it if you drop a gear. Alternatively the RS clutch & DMF seems a pretty popular upgrade at the minute

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(davechci @ 20 Jan 2010, 10:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I believe you mean code:red?? I have got the dreamscience one (same thing in essence). The clutch can slip with a few mods on the car however i believe its only in 5th/6th and doesnt do it if you drop a gear. Alternatively the RS clutch & DMF seems a pretty popular upgrade at the minute

lol yes code red / red alert almost the same. sorry im rather new to this. DMF???

·
Registered
218 Posts
Dave.. you went to uni?
only kidding

yep mines a facelift and both come on automatically at start up if it's chilly outside

In fact they came on this morning and I don't know if it was even as cold as 4oC but i remember they defo didn't do that a month or so ago before the cold snap

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,448 Posts
to the club errr mate, thats some user name you've got, needs trimmed a bit me thinks!
on the serious side don't worry about your heated windows. prob just a facelift perk, as previously suggested.
should join as an owner member simon, worth every penny.

·
Registered
218 Posts
alert!
I'm the opposite.. did biology at uni and several years as a microbiologist... then got bored and went into business and accounting! Fully qualified and everything now! yawn

Anyway.. back to this fault
I don't think it's a fault, I reckon it's a feature. I can't speak for the pre-facelift but my facelift does exactly the same so I really don't think there is any need to worry

If it still does it in the summer when its 30 degrees outside then there might be something wrong

·
Registered
218 Posts
QUOTE(davechci @ 20 Jan 2010, 11:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I totally agree, a facelift feature that we select few should be proud of!

I agree
I for one have just taken a picture of my two lights and will proudly mount them in a nice frame above my mantelpiece tomorrow

1 - 20 of 31 Posts