Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys

Just wanted to know if the latest Focus ST250 is shipped with different ECU's in different parts of the world ?

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
I would imagine so - I think, for example, the US version has different programming to deal with different fuel types and emissions laws.

·
Captain Slow
16,275 Posts
The ECU is run by an Infineon TC1767 processor. This a programmable logic device that can do many different things depending on what software it has been programmed with

I'll bet 17 pence that ALL MKIII ECU's are the same, why change it and add in extra cost.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The ECU is run by an Infineon TC1767 processor. This a programmable logic device that can do many different things depending on what software it has been programmed with

I'll bet 17 pence that ALL MKIII ECU's are the same, why change it and add in extra cost.
So is this a bosch MED17 Tricore ECU ? I need to check my ECU

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts

I would be inclined to agree with the that - the hardware is most likely the same, it'll be the mappings that will be different. When I said 'yes' to different ECUs that's what I meant.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts