Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Just had a look through this POSTand it says that the ST2 comes standard with this:

ST

• ST-1 discontinued

• New Panther Black 18" alloy wheels on ST-2 and ST-3

• Other product improvements to ST-2 and ST-3 are:

o Auto dimming mirror

o Rain sensing wipers

o Auto headlamps

o Deflation Detection System (DDS)

o Power rear windows on 5 door

o One shot up/down windows

But not privacy glass... I have just checked the on the Ford site and its not down as an option.

Can anyone confirm what is now standard on ST2 & ST3

Cheers

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
Some nice standard features there, but as to the tints i think they are standard im sure someone will confirm this.

Les

·
Registered
619 Posts
I've just ordered an ST3. The privacy glass is standard on the ST3 and is now not available on the ST2 at all i.e. neither standard nor optional. It could be worth looking at the ST3. This now includes keyless entry and DEATC as standard. Not sure what the price difference would be between the two models.

·
Formerly known as wabbit1
2,791 Posts
Went to have a nosey at a new ST today.

Quick question, what are the little black buttons on the door handles and the tailgate strip?

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
QUOTE(wabbit1 @ 6 Feb 2010, 10:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Went to have a nosey at a new ST today.

Quick question, what are the little black buttons on the door handles and the tailgate strip?

they are for the "ford key free system"

the st's now also come with a sony dab radio

·
2,791 Posts
QUOTE(converted chris @ 6 Feb 2010, 10:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>they are for the "ford key free system"

the st's now also come with a sony dab radio

I noticed the DAB radio, nice

Are those button things compulsory? Really don't like them and think they spoil the look

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
QUOTE(wabbit1 @ 6 Feb 2010, 10:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I noticed the DAB radio, nice

Are those button things compulsory? Really don't like them and think they spoil the look

if the keyless entery is standard fit they will have to be on the handles so you can walk upto the car and push them in to unlock the car

·
2,791 Posts
QUOTE(converted chris @ 6 Feb 2010, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>if the keyless entery is standard fit they will have to be on the handles so you can walk upto the car and push them in to unlock the car

So does a new ST-3 have the keyless entry as standard? If so, can it be de-selected? Thanks

·
Registered
619 Posts
QUOTE(wabbit1 @ 6 Feb 2010, 11:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>So does a new ST-3 have the keyless entry as standard? If so, can it be de-selected? Thanks

The keyless entry is standard on the ST3. Don't think it can be de-selected.

·
Registered
853 Posts
ive just had an st2 because i needed three seatbelts this time,but if you dont need that definatly go for the st3,i think its about £1000 more for leather,heated seats,climate control,privacy glass,keyless entry and you get a six disc dab,the only thing missing is the precious bluetooth and usb, which is an option on both models,i had to have tints on my st2 because ford decided to not even make privacy glass an option

·
Registered
150 Posts
ive just got the 2010 st3 and it came with privacy glass as standard and keyless entry and DEATC as standard and dab

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just ordered Red ST2 and having tints fitted before I pick it up.....1 Feb pick up...hopefully.

Has anyone already got a red ST2 with black alloys and tints? Would love to see what it looks like....

·
Registered
165 Posts
QUOTE(converted chris @ 6 Feb 2010, 10:47 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>if the keyless entery is standard fit they will have to be on the handles so you can walk upto the car and push them in to unlock the car

No, they only lock the car. One click for lock, two for deadlock.

To unlock the car with keyfree you simply open the door, it knows you're there

G

·
i ordered an ST-3 back in December but was not built until the start of this month and I'm picking it up next week.
I know it has black wheels but will it have all the DEATC, keyless entry and everything else the new 2010 models have even though i ordered it in 2009?????

·
Registered
619 Posts
QUOTE(Evzyboy @ 23 Feb 2010, 05:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i ordered an ST-3 back in December but was not built until the start of this month and I'm picking it up next week.
I know it has black wheels but will it have all the DEATC, keyless entry and everything else the new 2010 models have even though i ordered it in 2009?????

Yeah... it should be the 2010 spec. I believe they started manufacturing these since early November.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts