Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys I'm wanting to do a service on my st and was just wondering the difference in using st spark plugs or focus rs ones as I've seen a lot of people's sigs sayin they've got rs plugs cheers andy

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
I run them in mine as I'm running higher power and RS plugs handle it better, as others have said though they are cheaper so its pointless not to have them.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I fitted them in mine last year when i did the service, although standard and I noticed my mpg has gone up to 30 for normal commute/mixed stop start traffic (not mapped). Was 26-27 before.

·
Registered
12,607 Posts
I fitted them in mine last year when i did the service, although standard and I noticed my mpg has gone up to 30 for normal commute/mixed stop start traffic (not mapped). Was 26-27 before.
A change that big isn't the plugs, it was likely just the fact the car needed a service. It may be possible they could slightly improve economy if your old ones were shot, but not by 15%!

·
Registered
2 Posts
True, has done 52k now and was supposed to have had plugs at 37.5k but were massively worn with huge electrode gaps. This further reinforces the thread I was just reading about DIY servicing, as I am in the trade, I would rather do it myself so at least I know everything has been done right. Probably says alot about dealers in my area!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts