Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
I don't think they sound that different unless you have an ST with a quiet resonated exhaust etc. At ford fair last year my car was easily louder than most of the RS's in the convoy and as beefy. I'd rather an RS all day long though even if it takes more hps to be as quick lol.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Yes they do but the RS has a bigger turbo
I presumed the RS was just a tuned up version of the ST don't they both have the 2.5 duratec engine?
And different rods, pistons, camshafts, injectors, inlet, maf and map sensors and plasma coated liners etc etc lol, in fact other than sharing the same capacity they couldnt be more different

·
Registered
398 Posts
And different rods, pistons, camshafts, injectors, inlet, maf and map sensors and plasma coated liners etc etc lol, in fact other than sharing the same capacity they couldnt be more different
lol so other the same engine lump they are very different :) surprised running 300bhp they were not 4wd like the new RS guess trying to keep the costs down hehe

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I wish they had offered the st and rs in 4wd, if they had I would have had mine in 4wd and wouldn't be looking at golf r's lol
Same!!

I presumed the RS was just a tuned up version of the ST don't they both have the 2.5 duratec engine?
No my friend, there is quite a big difference.

I don't think they sound that different unless you have an ST with a quiet resonated exhaust etc. At ford fair last year my car was easily louder than most of the RS's in the convoy and as beefy. I'd rather an RS all day long though even if it takes more hps to be as quick lol.
My stage 2 ST with big forge intercooler, dream science induction, forge recirc, full 3' turbo back de-cat, sounds quite a bit different to the RS, The RS is louder, has a slightly different tone, and pops an load more, and mine pops a bit!

·
Registered
398 Posts
Never understood obsession with Nurburgring , the car needs to be designed for everyday use , not for track time , ford realise this and I bet my bottom dollar it's a better everyday drive than the new Honda , besides which the Honda is down right ugly
Yeh the Japanese tend to base there hot cars as race spec so it will probably be much harsher then RS for everyday use. In terms of it being ugly I wouldn't say that it looks like its born ready to take on the track like BTCC car hehe looks pretty slick and mean imo but the RS looks very nice too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.