Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got in from work today and picked up the local news paper to find this on the front of it.

DSCF0200.JPG

I'm not a member of the RSOC but if somone who is wants to post it by all means do.

ps. you might need to zoom in to read it, sorry it was the best i could do.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
totally lucky to avoided crashing, what i dont get is if the manifold blew why would that stop the brakes working surely there hyrolic and would still work?

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
i seem to remember seeing the same thing happen in a post a while back ,had some pictures of the actuall damage to the engine ,bonnet and vent .

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Why go to the papers - surely you'd give Ford a chance to resolve it first?

- Couldnt you turn the engine off, and allow the car to roll to a stop?

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
this is'nt the first time either. read somewhere before about the inlet manifold exploding and taking out one of the bonnet vents.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
QUOTE(Russeh @ 18 Feb 2010, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>totally lucky to avoided crashing, what i dont get is if the manifold blew why would that stop the brakes working surely there hyrolic and would still work?

yes but with no servo assistance, so the brake pedal will be rock hard and will feel like noting is happening when your pushing down as hard you can

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
these reports of it happening before were they just on RS's? given that the ST is largely the same engine wounder if its somthing we should be worried about?

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
Sounds like he was a very lucky man.

I did laugh at the following part: "A spokesman for Ford said there had not been any recalls on Ford Focus RS models" - as if that automatically means there have not been any issues

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
QUOTE(stingy @ 18 Feb 2010, 10:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>this is'nt the first time either. read somewhere before about the inlet manifold exploding and taking out one of the bonnet vents.

Have alook at this guys car in the picture. He is missing a bonnet vent

·
Registered
6,704 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
QUOTE(Donna @ 18 Feb 2010, 10:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sounds like he was a very lucky man.

I did laugh at the following part: "A spokesman for Ford said there had not been any recalls on Ford Focus RS models" - as if that automatically means there have not been any issues

yeah and there's always that bit about him doing "60 mph" in the right hand lane yeah alright lol

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
QUOTE(firefox 1701 @ 18 Feb 2010, 10:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Ford are not known for being being honest on recalls /major problems
or anything else come to that
!
ABS modules,driveshafts,alternateurs ,slipping clutches all spring to mind ,hardly been honest at all have they!

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
This rings a bell. I think i saw an ST with blown intake manifold. I'm not sure how that happened though. May be valve timing problem?

1 - 20 of 75 Posts