Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone fitted mk3 rs calipers to mk2 st looking for some help please. Slowly getting there now. Got 5mm hubcentric spacer fit between hub and disc. But done a small trial today with how many turns i can get with spacer on. Only put the spacer behind the wheel rather than take calipers off as just trial perhaps that makes a difference i dont know. Without spacer i get 7.5 turns with et40 wheels so on the limit id say. With spacer 4.5 turns. Few people that done its been fine so confusing part there.
Options im thinking
1- using longer nose nut but i dont think thats going to give me much more
2- 15mm spacer with its own studs. So then i got enough thread to bolt both sandwich spacer and wheel spacer to hub and wheel to spacer. Cheaper easier but spacer aint for car especially if using abit of track days
3- use longer studs from burton but that means new wheel hub aswell so very expensive option.
Any advice please
Thank you
Automotive lighting Font Magenta Auto part Fashion accessory

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The longer nosed nut is the correct way, but you need to make sure the nut will fit through the holes on the wheel.

BTW I recognise that picture.
The picture off the ksport fitting guide mate. Ive heard the longer nosed nut some people say they slide straight through the wheel or something. But im not 100% convinced if that going to work either with the lack of turns i got with the spacer on.

·
Registered
Mk2 RS 400
4,266 Posts
The picture off the ksport fitting guide mate. Ive heard the longer nosed nut some people say they slide straight through the wheel or something. But im not 100% convinced if that going to work either with the lack of turns i got with the spacer on.
It’s a picture I took!

Still they do work as long as there’s room to fit them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts