Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I hate reading these posts, but now is my turn to make one!

Unfortunatly the focus has been part ex'd after a long 4 months (
) of ownership. Im set to lose a fortune on the thing but there was no option it just had to go! The cost of running it coupled with the fact that my step dad has lost the battle to cancer and has left me and my mum on our own, i cant justify the £50+ a week on fuel.

It really is an excellent car to drive and own and has been the best car ive ever driven so far, but all good things have to come to an end and its a shame seeing as i wanted to come to the shows in it and be on the focus stand which was wherei wanted to be last year!

Anyway, the car ive gone for is the new fiesta MK7, its halved my insurance which is a £600 saving straight away and it should get 400 miles to a tank. I didnt go for the diesel as because everyones buying them and the dealers just werent doing the same deals as on the petrol as they hang about more.

Its in silver, with the street pack and city pack - the street pack is 17" alloys, privacy glass and ESP and the city pack has power fold mirrors and rear parking sensors, and its also got the bluetooth/voice control aswell.

Along with that the dealer has put 6 months tax (i did try for 12!) and 2 years free servicing - although its just has its first service being an 09 so i have another 2 years to go!

Overall im chuffed to be hoenst with the deal, but it will be a sad day when my drive mine for the last time

(not exact same car but looks the same)

·
Registered
11,718 Posts
Sorry you had to let her go with good reason mate my sons got the Fiesta zetec in black with all the extras a well nice car enjoy

·
Registered
2,694 Posts
Sorry that your getting rid of the
, but hey you gotta do what you gotta do, the wee fiesta looks very nice though.

To be honest I don't need my
every day but if I did it would be replaced PDQ.

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
very sorry about your stepdad mate.
the fiesta is a great looking wee car and i hope you enjoy it as much as your

·
Registered
893 Posts
Sorry to hear the ST had to go mate but I always toy with the idea of that day may come and to be perfectly honest the Mk7 Fiesta is a cracking looking car my parents have one on order in Panther Black with all the extra's i can't wait to take it for a spin...of course it won't be the same but I hope the new car treats you just as well

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
I'm sure you will love the Fiesta too. It's a cracking looking car & won't cost a fortune to run either.

I only use my
as a 2nd car, if I had to run her everyday I think I'd be looking at something more economical too.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
What a sensible young man , Sorry to hear your leaving us , but your dead right the st can be so expensive

good luck & stay in touch

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
Sorry to see you go.

However, you've got to look after number one.

Nice looking replacement, and just because you don't have an ST doesn't mean you can't stick around!!

After all, only 3 of the staff/admin actually still have ST's!!

·
Registered
5,778 Posts
Im sorry to hear about your step-dad, puts things into perspective.

As for the cars, you are getting a really good looking motor in the new Fiesta, hope you enjoyed your short time with the
and no boubt when things get better for you you`ll have another one.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Just a post of support, sorry to read about your situation my friend.... but you can always come back to one in the future, I have had fast cars come and go as needs must across the years... I just got my ST and check my age out...
So there is hope for you yet, and you will get on that show stand one day

·
Super Moderator
MK3 Focus RS Nitrous Blue
8,492 Posts
Sorry to here about your situation iam sure you will get another
in the future and get on the club stand

·
Registered
42 Posts
Sorry to hear about your stepdad and the ST going but i think your doing the right thing if money is tight at the present time. Its a nice car but theres no use bustin your
s to keep it running. Its only a
car and Gordon Brown and co. dont like us running the cars we do so were taxed to the hilt. Sometimes im tempted to buy a quad bike haha.

All the best with the fiesta mate

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for the messages of support! I will still be about on the forum, and the ST was my dream car that i have wanted for years and was really happy when i finally got it, but as i said before i cant justify it.

Ill still be at the shows just on the ZSOC stand

And at the end of the day if i come into some money, win the lottery or get a better paid job i will get another one! but ive had my fun for now!

On the upside - ive come out of 2 years of ST ownership (had fiesta ST before) without any points on my licence...

·
Registered
824 Posts
Very sorry about your loss, I've been there too.

Re the car, the Fez looks superb and I know they drive much nicer than a Focus. Its only a piece of metal anyway.

·
Registered
5,516 Posts
My condolences for losing your step dad and having to change the ST, as good as the car is it isn't worth keeping if you are stretching finances just to run it.

I am currently spending £130.00 a week in fuel and having the same thoughts at the moment with regards to keeping the ST and was at the dealers yesterday to see what the ZS was like but only the Titanium has the colour I want (Hot Magenta) with Full dress up kit and possibly getting it Mountuned.
The only thing that is putting me off is the excess mileage I have put on the ST (51k in 2.5yrs) which is limited to 12.5k a year so knocked the price of my car down to £8.5k.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Just a little update for those who were interested, picked the car up yesterday. was sad to see the focus go but needs must an all that, im more than happy with the fiesta tbh. heres a couple of pics - ill put better ones but once ive given it a proper wash, gotta buy some new clay and wax!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts