Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i neeeeed help, of any kind. 08 st2 bought 2 weeks ago, came fitted with a k&n gen 2 induction kit. mrs wanted the woooosh sound so fitted a bailey dv26 dumpvalve and samco fitting kit, then it began.... the car drives normally but when u floor it just as the turbo begins to wind up it sort of hesitates( flatspot) just for a second then boom the boost kicks in, ive had two garages refit the dv, and theyve both test driven and agree it has a brief flatspot. can anyone offer any ideas? as if not the dv will be visiting the bin!!!!
also as far as i know the car is standard however when i floor it the boost gauge reads the maximum of 1.2psi just wondering if this is standard ? or been remapped.
any help appreciated.......................

·
Registered
699 Posts
QUOTE(jebrovia @ 20 Jan 2010, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i neeeeed help, of any kind. 08 st2 bought 2 weeks ago, came fitted with a k&n gen 2 induction kit. mrs wanted the woooosh sound so fitted a bailey dv26 dumpvalve and samco fitting kit, then it began.... the car drives normally but when u floor it just as the turbo begins to wind up it sort of hesitates( flatspot) just for a second then boom the boost kicks in, ive had two garages refit the dv, and theyve both test driven and agree it has a brief flatspot. can anyone offer any ideas? as if not the dv will be visiting the bin!!!!
also as far as i know the car is standard however when i floor it the boost gauge reads the maximum of 1.2psi just wondering if this is standard ? or been remapped.

it's remaped mate the standard boost is 0.7 bar 1.2 whem maped

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
Sounds like its the dv, only way to find out take it off and see what happens?

Agree the car must be remaped, does your shift light work on the dash, as most of the latest maps activate it as it doesn't work on a standard car.

·
FocusSTOC Nut&#33;
17,446 Posts
100% remapped mate! dont think thats why ur sufferin with a flat spot though! take the d/v off and if its still there try pulling the kam fuse for 30mins it clears any fault memory. fuse 26 under the bonnet. remove the d/v yourself mate, its easy

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
QUOTE(PHILJB @ 20 Jan 2010, 11:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Sounds like its the dv, only way to find out take it off and see what happens?

Agree the car must be remaped, does your shift light work on the dash, as most of the latest maps activate it as it doesn't work on a standard car.

the shift light hasnt come on as far as i know, but, and dont laugh, i still havnt turned the traction control off. is it true they have a safe mode and when turning the t/control off it will let u rev higher? maybe il turn it off and see if the shift light comes on.. hehehe

·
Registered
13,907 Posts
QUOTE(jebrovia @ 21 Jan 2010, 06:29 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>the shift light hasnt come on as far as i know, but, and dont laugh, i still havnt turned the traction control off. is it true they have a safe mode and when turning the t/control off it will let u rev higher? maybe il turn it off and see if the shift light comes on.. hehehe

Not to worry mate i leave mine on all the time in this weather. No the traction control just applies the brakes and kills the power when you loose traction.

·
Registered
50 Posts
QUOTE(jebrovia @ 20 Jan 2010, 08:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>i neeeeed help, of any kind. 08 st2 bought 2 weeks ago, came fitted with a k&n gen 2 induction kit. mrs wanted the woooosh sound so fitted a bailey dv26 dumpvalve and samco fitting kit, then it began.... the car drives normally but when u floor it just as the turbo begins to wind up it sort of hesitates( flatspot) just for a second then boom the boost kicks in, ive had two garages refit the dv, and theyve both test driven and agree it has a brief flatspot. can anyone offer any ideas? as if not the dv will be visiting the bin!!!!

Hi, I've been driving my 56
3 just about a year and had the K&N induction on mine, had the same sort of issue, there have been issues with that induction on a few cars on the forum of flatspots and overoiling of the filter. Check the seal for leaks on the induction where the MAF and ecu meets the k&n. Failing that, I modified my K&N which took out the huge box on it leaving the pipe as a strait through, this solved the issue although didnt look very nice. Just upgraded to a DSCi induction today so will let you know if that is any better.

1.2psi boost is about right for an unmodified focus if you want more, id suggest a remap

I'm no expert but I hope this helps a little.

·
Registered
886 Posts
QUOTE(Toggers ST @ 30 Jan 2010, 06:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi, I've been driving my 56
3 just about a year and had the K&N induction on mine, had the same sort of issue, there have been issues with that induction on a few cars on the forum of flatspots and overoiling of the filter. Check the seal for leaks on the induction where the MAF and ecu meets the k&n. Failing that, I modified my K&N which took out the huge box on it leaving the pipe as a strait through, this solved the issue although didnt look very nice. Just upgraded to a DSCi induction today so will let you know if that is any better.

1.2psi boost is about right for an unmodified focus if you want more, id suggest a remap

I'm no expert but I hope this helps a little.

Jus to let u know with regards to the 1.2 bar boost thats only on a remapped car not a standard focus ST. Standard it goes up to 3/4s roughly 0.8 bar, hope this helps.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.