Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all i removed fuse 26 today to try and reset some codes put it back in changed the cat over,started the car all was fine turned the car off went back about 10mins later and the battery was dead flat any ideas y it just went flat?? everything was turned off would it be because i removed fuse 26??

the problems continue......what next

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
Stupid question but...are the terminals correct and tight?

Removing the fuse should not result in a flat battery

·
Registered
873 Posts
Hi mate,

I removed my fuse 26 2 days ago to re-set the ECU and the battery was fine. Maybe just a dead cell in the battery? Hopefully just a coincidence!

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
I see you have another post going with an ESP System Fault. That problem can be caused by a dying or flat battery. I expect you used the last bit of juice in your battery after you pulled the kam fuse to start the car and because you didn't then run the car the dying battery wasn't charged.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
QUOTE(Chris @ 28 Feb 2010, 10:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Stupid question but...are the terminals correct and tight?

Removing the fuse should not result in a flat battery

hi m8 yeah terminals are good car was fine until i removed the fuse,but saying that it did start straight away when i put the fuse back in
just seems strange that 1 min it was fine then it was flat.....

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
QUOTE(Gardener @ 28 Feb 2010, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I see you have another post going with an ESP System Fault. That problem can be caused by a dying or flat battery. I expect you used the last bit of juice in your battery after you pulled the kam fuse to start the car and because you didn't then run the car the dying battery wasn't charged.

u might have me confused with some1 else m8
i havent posted about the esp i did post about the acceleration reduced warning on the dash

·
Founder (retired)
4,806 Posts
This isn't going to help but it always tickles me when people say I have a flat battery, sorry it's a sad thing and a long story.

My old ST had an Alpine head unit and if you don't remove a certain wire from the multi plug it keeps the CAN network awake thus draining the battery.

Also a dead cell as described above could be your issue.

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
QUOTE(Gardener @ 28 Feb 2010, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>I see you have another post going with an ESP System Fault. That problem can be caused by a dying or flat battery. I expect you used the last bit of juice in your battery after you pulled the kam fuse to start the car and because you didn't then run the car the dying battery wasn't charged.

It could be the above, or at worst it could be that your alternator is U/S a common problem with the ST

Clickme

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
QUOTE(Chris @ 28 Feb 2010, 10:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>It could be the above, or at worst it could be that your alternator is U/S a common problem with the ST
Clickmethe alternator went about a month ago had a new 1 fitted hope its not that though
QUOTE(STadam @ 28 Feb 2010, 10:28 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>How many miles has it done? Have you got the original head unit?its done just over 33k and i have the standard cd play that comes with the car

·
Registered
873 Posts
The alternator went on my last one when it was a few weeks old so it's possible it could happen again. Anything can happen with bolt-on components like that!

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
QUOTE(STadam @ 28 Feb 2010, 10:55 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>The alternator went on my last one when it was a few weeks old so it's possible it could happen again. Anything can happen with bolt-on components like that!

if it is the new alternator would i be able to take it back and get a new 1?

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
QUOTE(Chris @ 28 Feb 2010, 11:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
12 month warranty on all new part's fitted

is there away to find out if the alternator is faulty?? without having to take it off?

·
Registered
12,119 Posts
QUOTE(MatST-3 @ 28 Feb 2010, 11:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>is there away to find out if the alternator is faulty?? without having to take it off?

As you have a flat battery the car wont start so there's no way of checking it, volt meter etc it's a case of contacting the peep's who fitted your alternator and explain your predicament

·
Registered
127 Posts
This isn't going to help but it always tickles me when people say I have a flat battery, sorry it's a sad thing and a long story.

My old ST had an Alpine head unit and if you don't remove a certain wire from the multi plug it keeps the CAN network awake thus draining the battery.

Also a dead cell as described above could be your issue.
Scott - can you elaborate on the alpine multi plug issue - do you recall which wire needs to be removed? I fitted one a while ago, using the ISO loom and upon checking the current draw, my ST seems to be drawing nearly 700mA with everything off. Seems way too high and might explain why my battery goes flat occasionally.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts