Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a bit of fun last night, went to start the car and the dash/warning lights came up but when I pressed the start button all I got was flickering lights, clicks and no start
. Tried to jump start with a fully charged battery pack but got roughly the same result.

Called AA, he was surprisingly quick about 20 mins, he checked battery and it was down to around 2volts! with a constant drain of between 0.5 and 0.6 amps!

Jump started car from his pack with no problem, car charging OK, battery tests OK. (Its only 6 months old).

He said to take her to Ford for a software check as in his oppinion it might require an update.

I have and OBD reader so can any body say what the latest software version for a 59 plate ST3 is and how I can find out what I've got.
Don't really want to go to Ford if possible as I'm sure they will charge me £'s

·
Captain Slow
16,275 Posts
I very much doubt a software update will solve the issue
, sounds like something is drawing to much power when the car is off.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
sounds like what happened to mine, then after a few weeks of random error messages and not turning over the battery died completely

·
Registered
669 Posts
Thats not a software problem.....

Was it pulling 0.5 - 0.6 amps with everything turned off?
I thought software problem was a bit sus!
Yes, 0.5 - 0.6 with everything off, dash lights were on though.

Took it for a 20 min run last night, this morning started no problem even stopped and started at the petrol station OK.
No fault codes that I can see although the AA chap may have reset them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts