Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So starting at 10am and finishing at 4.30pm finally got a chance to winter prep the car after days of rain. The car was snow foamed, iron x, clay clothed, then a quick mop, then artdeshine applied, and then artdeshine paint sealent. This is my first time proper detailing so may not be perfect but hope you enjoy

Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window
Car Tire Wheel Vehicle Land vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Attachments

· Registered
2,403 Posts
Looks good mate. Ive never done detailing either. How did you find it? I tried today got it pressure cleaned n sponge wash. Then the rain started. It's rained every weekend for about a month now. Hate winter time.

· Registered
1,882 Posts
So starting at 10am and finishing at 4.30pm finally got a chance to winter prep the car after days of rain. The car was snow foamed, iron x, clay clothed, then a quick mop, then artdeshine applied, and then artdeshine paint sealent. This is my first time proper detailing so may not be perfect but hope you enjoy

View attachment 248601 View attachment 248609 View attachment 248617 View attachment 248625 View attachment 248633
Lovely looking motor there matey, looks like you have done a good job...........

Shame about the colour...

· Registered
2,403 Posts
Sponge wash...
A good wash mit would be a good investment, used with the two bucket technique.
i use two buckets just with a sponge. Ive seen the guys at the 3 quid car washes using mitts n thought they were a no no. N I wax wi the ice stuff. It's quick n easy but I know it's not right. Just don't know where to start with proper detailing.

· Registered
1,882 Posts
i use two buckets just with a sponge. Ive seen the guys at the 3 quid car washes using mitts n thought they were a no no. N I wax wi the ice stuff. It's quick n easy but I know it's not right. Just don't know where to start with proper detailing.
Two buckets are good, a good quality mit should hold the grime away from the paint till you rince in the clean water. This is why i use a mit.

As detailing goes, good microfibre cloths for polish, sponge applicator pad for application of wax then microfibre cloth to buff.

Iron-x is a good product also Bilt & Hamber clay is what i use as you only need water for a lube.

Do your own research, you will find your own way.

Good luck matey...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.