Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
The ford plugs come in a box with a cardboard collar that protects the end of the plug.
there is no harm in checking the correct gap, I'm sure somebody will post the correct gap

·
Registered
127 Posts
QUOTE(denboy @ 19 Nov 2009, 11:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>think the normal gap is 0.7mm,when i fitted the new plugs i had them gapped at 0.5mm,purely because of the amount of boost i,m running.
Denboy - were you getting what sounded like a misfire at high boost, was this the spark being blown out, hence the reason for reducing the gaps??

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(BadgerST2 @ 20 Nov 2009, 12:03 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Please excuse me for being a tad thick here guys but could someone tell me what difference these plugs make on the performance i may be tempted to get a set myself,
thanks

Unless you have a problem with misfires they will make no improvement to the performance! However they are a different heat range to the ST plugs so should prevent any problems with misfires/plug fouling occuring in the future!

·
Registered
24,177 Posts
QUOTE(BadgerST2 @ 20 Nov 2009, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Thanks for that mate i have no problems at all so far got the stage 1 bluefin and so far am very happy with the results

In that case i would still get a set and fit them next time the car needs plugs! They are actually cheaper than the ST plugs!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts