Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received delivery of my rs parts diffuser today. Just wondering what others have done when fitting. In the instructions it says to remove the bumper but I'm sure I have seen a thread somewhere, where it has been taped into place while the bumper is on. Has anyone done this? Also has anyone else who has fitted this drilled the diffuser and screwed the diffuser back into the original holes or is it just a case of tiger seal into place? Thanks.

·
Registered
3,742 Posts
I'm going to agree with Rich, the facelift diffuser replaces the standard grey plastic one. It should be two screws and just clipped in position. Send Nick from RS parts a PM and he'll be more than happy to advise you on fitting. I believe he recommends using some tiger seal so no one can nick it...............it'll soon be a collectors item and some thieving scum will probably steal it if it aint glued on.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Spoke to nick and he suggests taking the bumper off and fitting Incase one of the locating clips brakes. the diffuser will also need drilled to fit in the existing screws. Was just wondering if anyone had any advice on fitting. Might be a body shop job. Thought it sounded too simple. Don't really have the space or tools to start taking bumpers off unfortunately.
yeah I have a tube of tiger seal waiting to glue it on.

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
Thanks for the replies. Spoke to nick and he suggests taking the bumper off and fitting Incase one of the locating clips brakes. the diffuser will also need drilled to fit in the existing screws. Was just wondering if anyone had any advice on fitting. Might be a body shop job. Thought it sounded too simple. Don't really have the space or tools to start taking bumpers off unfortunately.
yeah I have a tube of tiger seal waiting to glue it on.
You can try to just clip it on with the bumper in situ, but for the sake of 30 mins work taking the bumper off to fit it correctly and securely, it really aint worth it. I know customers who have fitted it with the bumper in situ and it has been fine, but I have had a customer who has broken lugs off forcing it in to position. Im making you aware of this to cover myself. The choice is yours. When I had this Diffuser fitted to mine I removed the bumper.

·
Registered
418 Posts
i got my standard diffuser off easy enough without removing the bumper, its pretty easy. and if the mk2 is anything like my mk1 focus removing the whole bumper is a walk in the park too!

·
Registered
10,661 Posts
cheers. Found the guide for taking the bumper off so will have a look later on today.
Im in meetings all day today so I wont be able to get back on here till this evening. Any questions you got I will get back to you then Nick. You will need to put the car on axle stands, wheels off, there are 2 nuts inside the wheelarch under the arch guard, 2 bolts where the hatch closes down, 2 fasteners under the diffuser and dont forget to remove the bulbs/holders from your reverse/fog lights. You will need another pair of hands to ease the bumper away. It actually takes longer to jack the car up and remove the wheels than it does to remove the bumper.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am trying to enlist one of my friends as we speak. Thanks again. Might not have a chance to do it today but hopefully within the next week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts