Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently I clipped a snow drift with the lower end of my front bumper and it seems to have cracked it and popped out the plastic undertray below it
I've found the FINIS codes for the clips and screws needed to attach it, but not sure exactly how it all goes together and am afraid of causing more damage than good when I try and re-attach it.

Anyone on here removed their undertray or know of a small 'How to' guide on doing this?

Cheers

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
QUOTE(Mart170 @ 22 Dec 2009, 02:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Recently I clipped a snow drift with the lower end of my front bumper and it seems to have cracked it and popped out the plastic undertray below it
I've found the FINIS codes for the clips and screws needed to attach it, but not sure exactly how it all goes together and am afraid of causing more damage than good when I try and re-attach it.

Anyone on here removed their undertray or know of a small 'How to' guide on doing this?

Cheers
Being well familiar with removing the front undertray...... you might not actually need new screws and clips but helpful to have them to hand just in case.....

Main engine undertray needs to come off first, 7 Torx 30 screws, 3 in middle, one or 2 at each side joining to the front of the wheelarch liner and 2 in the middle at the back.

Then for the bumper undertray there's 3 (or 5?) screws (Torx30 again) bolting the back of the bumper undertray to the bottom of the radiator cradle, and 1 (or 2?) on each side at the front of the wheelarch liners. Then there are the 3 metal edge clips which are spread across the front of the undertray and grip it to the lower lip of the bumper. Probably one or more of these was come away. These usually stay with the undertray when you take it off, they have tangs which grip into the plastic of the undertray and push onto the lower bumper lip. If the undertray is still held on with some of these at the front it usually helps to get your hand in above the front undertray and then press down or lift up the tag you'll feel at the back of the clip - this will help it open up to let go of the bumper. Probably easier to see if you've got the new clips to look at off the car.

Only thing i'm not dead sure about is if everything is exactly the same on a facelift ST? and how many screws o nthe front tray - i'm usually on autopilot when i take itoff I've done it that many times. The front tray screws are shorter than the rear ones too for some reason.

Same goes for refitting the undertray to the bumper, you'll probably have to push the lower edge of the wheelarch liner backwards to let the edges of the undertray lift into place bit it goes up easy enough, just take your time guiding the front section into place against the bumper edge. Rear undertray is pretty straight forward, just make sure the 2 raised retainers are located over the corners of the subframe then the bolts go back in and you should be sorted.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for taking the time to do a bit of a walkthrough mate, should be a great help

A lot of that makes sense, not had much of a chance to get a good look at it due to the weather but I seem to be missing all of the screws at the front, and one of the clips has come off. So will no doubt have to order some spares.

It's an 06 ST so no problems there!

Thanks again for your help matey, hopefully will have some luck with it over the xmas period

·
Registered
699 Posts
the undertray for the front bumper has cracked on mine
anyone know the finis code and how much it is roughly??

·
Registered
647 Posts
To be honest mate mine came off on its own at about 145 mph !!Never replaced it and never had any trouble since !!Good luck though matey !!To be honest mate mine came off on its own at about 145 mph !!Never replaced it and never had any trouble since !!Good luck though matey !!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts