Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just brought a facelift rear diffuser from a member on here.

ANyone have any tips/pics/guides on how to fix it to the pre facelift bumper?

Thx

·
Registered
3,088 Posts
as far as i know looking at the large amount of threads about this, i dont think it can be done, if it can then id love to know how

·
Registered
323 Posts
some close up pics of mine - car in garage so can't get a shot of the full rear.
allen hea button type stainless bolts with nylon locking nuts behind

·
Registered
976 Posts
Hmm I hope my bolts dont come off.

I've put 1 bolt above each tail pipe area and 1 in the center. I stuck them on with no more nails last night, and this morning they seemed solid. So I also applied to arelide on it earlier just in case

Tomorrow is d day! haha

·
Registered
976 Posts
Yes and no lol

I put 3 bolts at the back of the duffuser. I used Arelide(the twin tube version, looks like a injection) to stick them. The middle bolt I squeezed a bit of the tubes on the duffuser and mixed it together. But be being a fool I just squeezed the tubes over the screws I placed just above the tail pipes and didnt mix it.

The result, the middle screw was rock solid, but even after 24hrs the outer screws was still wet to the touch, so I went ahead with it and you guessed it, the 2 outer screws popped off lol

The middle screw is still there and was supporting all the weight. So I've re done the other screws tonight and will try again tomorrow
fingers crossed

Felt quite embarrassed taking a drill to my bumper lol poor ST!

If all fails, I'll pop into Halfords and buy those plastic trim popper things and drill straight through the duffuser like you did. I'm gonna paint the duffuser gloss black when the weather gets warmer, so I'll paint the popper or screws so it all blends in

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Me too
I used the rapid version for the middle bolt. But I'm using the slower but stronger version of it for the outer bolts. So fingers crossed

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts
QUOTE(Trist @ 30 Jan 2010, 11:33 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Me too
I used the rapid version for the middle bolt. But I'm using the slower but stronger version of it for the outer bolts. So fingers crossed

it'll be great when you get it done mate. gonna give it a go on mine soon! much better than a diesel BMW
& i've had a proper six cylinder remapped one

dugga dugga dugga!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts