Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
I've done a search and didn't find anything.

I've got a 90degree stainless steel lambda spacer that I'm going to fit onto my sports cat tomorrow morning.
In theory it should be straight forward but is there any complications I need to be aware of?

Do I need to disconnect the sensor from the car before removing from the cat? What's the access like?

I should add I'm using a pit to get under the car.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Disconnecting the sensor will stop the wires twisting when you're trying to undo the sensor
The plug can be a little awkward, but if you're using a pit you should be able to see what you're doing, other than that it's an easy job

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Disconnecting the sensor will stop the wires twisting when you're trying to undo the sensor
The plug can be a little awkward, but if you're using a pit you should be able to see what you're doing, other than that it's an easy job
That's what I wanted to hear

I'm hoping the plug won't be too bad as the cat was only fitted 5 months ago and the sensor was swapped over at that point so fingers crossed!

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
P0420 is the normal cat/decat error code.
I got this code. I haven't go the spacer fitted yet as I don't have the right size spanner to get the sensor out, that said since I reset the light with my bluefin handset it hasn't come back on and that was nearly 2 weeks ago.

I'm not using a bluefin map anymore but I still have the handset to use as a fault code reader.
Probably jinxed myself now.

·
Banned
1,301 Posts
o,k james its paul, my mil light asnt come back on either, lol, im phoneing pumaspeed up next week see if they can fit the intercooler steph got me for xmas.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
o,k james its paul, my mil light asnt come back on either, lol, im phoneing pumaspeed up next week see if they can fit the intercooler steph got me for xmas.
They will fit you an intercooler no issues mate, they have fitted two to my car now, they took the standard one off and fitted a stage 1 intercooler then they later took the stage 1 intercooler off and fitted an RS/ST intercooler, which is massive.
I was at Pumaspeed again today just to have a chat with Tony about a couple of things.

What intercooler did Steph get you mate?

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I've done a search and didn't find anything.

I've got a 90degree stainless steel lambda spacer that I'm going to fit onto my sports cat tomorrow morning.
In theory it should be straight forward but is there any complications I need to be aware of?

Do I need to disconnect the sensor from the car before removing from the cat? What's the access like?

I should add I'm using a pit to get under the car.
Don't suppose you have a link for the spacer you bought James? I am in need of one myself as a procaution for the 2nd hand sports cat Im going to fit but I am not entirely sure which design to go for. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just few days ago fitted a spacer to mine easy job i was using a lift, disconnected the wire but of penetrating spray on it left it for bout 10 minutes and it came out a treat..spacer in and connected it back up...no error nothing jobs a good un.

I think this was the one i bought http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/O2-Lambda-Boss-Extender-Oxygen-Sensor-Spacer-Wideband-ECU-Remap-HHO-Angled-Lamba-/121039509158?pt=UK_Home_Garden_Hearing_Cooling_Air&var=&hash=item1c2e8456a6
I bought the same spacer as above.
Can't get the sensor out for anything though, I think it's welded itself in.
I've given up on it now, but I bought a Scanguage so I can reset the code without leaving the car within a couple of seconds so its not an issue really.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts