Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
358 Posts
Hi all,
just had my new parrot kit fitted and its one great bit of kit!! Will get pics up as soon as its daylight. If your a novice like me its a hard kit to fit but i had a hand fitting it with someone with a good bit of knowledge on car electricalls lol!! A bit of advice, DO NOT BUY the SOT092 lead from Halfords as they supply the wrong iso connector, and they are completly useless from my own personnal experiance! Once fitted its great, iphone controls, bluetooth all through the cars speakers!! Fantastic, expensive solutution to the aux lead but I think its been a great buy!!

IMG_0238.JPG IMG_0239.JPG IMG_0240.JPG

Any how, has anyone else got one of these kits fitted and what do they think?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I have it fitted and like it so far.

Have had some issues with it, wife phoned me Friday and it wouldn't answer but other than that it's been fine.

Also works with internet radio using the shoutcast app providing you are in a 3g area.

·
Registered
150 Posts
is that the one with the colour screen or black and white? mine came with the one with the black and white screen fitted already, my misses loves it, got her iphone set up for it. once i get power in my glovebox i will have my phone on it as well. i am not a phone person at all and i only have one in case my bike breaks down in the summer (2 stroke) so once i get power in the glove box thats where it will stay so she can ring me if she needs be. thats how it was in the prius, but bluetooth is standard as is power in the glovebox. just need to get a bit warmer so i can sort it out.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Looks a great bit of kit. Does it charge your ipod/iphone whilst in use? Also does it transfer the sound through the 3.5mm jack or the data point at the bottom where you norm plug your charger in?

Very tempted with one of these especially as the satnav in my focus doesnt download my contact list etc

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The kit charges it through the normal charging point for the iphone, and plays music through the kit, sound quality is great considering its played through the kit, there is audio options on the kit for you to change and play with!!

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
The only downside I think on the music quality is the lack of options to change bass or treble.

The whole thing has it's own amp built into the blue control box, so it has nothing to do with the OEM headunit, that is just switched off/muted when the Parrott kit is in use.

It only has settings for Rock, Classical, Techno etc and they are OK at higher volumes, but if you want it turned down it can be a bit quiet/lacking treble/bass.

I wish the screen mounting wasn't as pronounced as well, it does stick out quite a bit.

They are a very good kit though other than those minor points. Voice recog is brilliant, and so much better than Ford OEM.

·
Registered
94 Posts
PARROT MKi9200 is a crakin piece of kit....had a new one installed in our 1800 Sport a year ago....had it taken out when we got rid and bought the ST...gonna be fitted in ST tomorrow...by a regd installer in S****horpe...used him many times great service and pricing.......can give name and business number if allowed to post it on here

·
Registered
30 Posts
Im thinking of having this fitted instead of the factory OEM version

I was in halfords today and they charge £200 fitted + if you need any other cables (im not sure if any are needed or not?)

Does anybody know anybody who can do it cheaper and can also fit it (Im in Nuneaton so anywhere near me)

Ive found it on Ebay for about £147 (Brand New) but would have to fit myself
so would really prefer someone else to do it

Cheers

Sean

·
Registered
44 Posts
Looks a great bit of kit! Good review at -
- shows exactly what it does.

Just need to fit a fitter in the Ayrshire area now.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bad news on the kit! Does not owrk with the new iphone 4!
, bluetooth is great but does not play music as the software is different! Guttted!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts