Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
QUOTE(craig-st3 @ 31 Dec 2009, 04:45 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hey just thought id said i fitted my Vibratechnics Torque Mount today and i am pleased with the results better gear changes and as for the vibration alot of people have removed them because i really dont think its all that bad easily liveable with and a great mod for only £60 and the 20-30mins to fit it
Craig

always thought about getting one for my car, but I was put off with some of the post about the vibration when the car was idle. One for the future I think. Nice one Craig

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was put of by the posts about the vibration to mate but thought what the hell fit it i dont like it i'll sell it at a small loss. the vibration is minor hardly noticable but the differnce in gear change etc is noticable
if you want to see/ feel the vibration give me a text you can take mines a spin

·
Registered
2,402 Posts
Had one on mine for months now ,at first wasnt happy with the vibrations but to be honest i dont even notice it now .
Its my opinion that the benefits outway the vibration so dont let this put you off if you was thinking of getting one as its a good piece of kit guys .
you can fit it yourself useing stands and jack so its not a major job .

·
Registered
6,098 Posts
Glad you like it Craig it took us a long while to get the fine balance between vibrations and improvements. Took me many trips to and from Corby to test it

If anyone is interested in one then we can do it for £65 inc vat and postage. Were going to swallow the small increase in vat for the next couple of weeks.

·
Registered
648 Posts
QUOTE(TheCustomTouch @ 1 Jan 2010, 02:24 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Glad you like it Craig it took us a long while to get the fine balance between vibrations and improvements. Took me many trips to and from Corby to test it

If anyone is interested in one then we can do it for £65 inc vat and postage. Were going to swallow the small increase in vat for the next couple of weeks.

with your website down, where do we order these?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea i fitted it myself out on my drive on a axle stands, all you need it torque heads bits to remove the 7 screws on the undertray and remove it, this gives you access to the orginal torque link and its 2x 15mm bolts and you can remove the orginal takes a bit of moving about to get it out and the Vibratechnics 1 slots in very easy and you use 1 19mm bolt supplied with it and the other orginal bolt, but 1 thing i noticed the 2 orginal bolts 1 is longer than the other and the bolt that goes vertically into the chassis is shorter and make sure you use this 1 as when fitting the Vibratechnics mount as the longer bolt when tightened forces against the power steering rack and it could crack the casing is tightened to much, so in simple all you need is 15mm & 19mm socket & spanner, torque head bits, axle stands, jack and 20-30mins to fit it

and yea robby the gear change is less notchy feels alot better i agree with glenn on this 1 the vibation is a small price to pay for all the other benefits, all you notice is a slight vibration when idling and when pulling away well thats what i have noticed. I would advice anyone who doesn't like the notchy gear change to fit a Vibratechnics mount.

I purchased mines from Graham Goode as the customtouch site was down

Craig

·
Registered
75 Posts
Ive just had one of these fitted to my ST170 and think its a great improvement over the original Ford part. The vibration is nothing really,only seem to feel it through the steering wheel on tickover & when pulling away! Wish mine was as cheap to buy as the ST225 ones,mine's made by CFM & cost £105! Still very happy with it though

Attachments

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.