Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Hi fellas,

Well i brought a mountune catback on weds, and fitted it this morning. Was a fairly easy job (thanks to alot of help from a mate) but i was really surprised that we had to cut the old system as the backbox and the pipe that connects to the cat were all one piece. What a terrible design from ford!

Anyway, the Mountune system is really great quality and worlds apart from the standard pig iron rubbish!

here are some pics. I also had a matt black sunstrip fitted to the screen which looks really nice.

Cheers
Ross

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Yeh, had mine fitted yesterday, I am well made up as its not much noiser than standard, which is what I wanted. Only difference is I had mine fitted for me as I am a lazy git when its comes to working on cars, ha. Nice pics fella.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Looks very nice mate, the standard system is in one piece btw because its fitted like that from the factory - ie it goes on before all the drivetrain! Saves on production costs!

Wait till it beds in mate, the pops and bangs are awesome - you'll love it

·
Registered
886 Posts
Awesome, im getting all my mountune stuff fitted at the end of the month, i am just wondering does the exhaust stick out a fair bit, or is it just the angles of the pictures?

Cheers

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
It also sticks out further once hot...

Worse yet - mines seems to stick out more on the left than the right after driving down the city Bypass. Not going to let it bother me tho since I love it. Mind you no pops and bangs for me

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Not liking the sound of this, I'm still gonna get the package but is there a way to rectify this?
Not unless you can rewrite the law of physics and stop metal expanding.

Think it is just more noticable on this due to the design, but lets be honest who is admiring your pipes when your giving it beans.....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.