Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Brought a pair of LED rear lights from ebay for £60! bargain. And some looms from Phil (philbotley), many thanks bud
So just been out in the dark and freezing cold air with a soldering iron to wire them in

But instead of installing filament bulbs I installed some LED bulbs to make a 100% LED rear light cluster. I needed to install a resistor across the live and negative of the indicator wires to stop them flashing to fast. Same wiring as shown in the other LED how to guides, but with a resistor wired in between the two wires going to the indicator.

LEDs I Used:

Amber LEDs

Brake LEDs

Resistors

Some pics:

Before:

After: Day:

Dusk:

Brake On

Indicator:

Night:

Indicator On

Click me for Video

Hope you like

·
Registered
327 Posts
You should make these so that they are plug and play and sell them!! I would stick me name on a pair if i didnt have my heart set on a mountune kit and Dreamscience induction kit

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The bulbs are clear because their LED, but light up red or orange.

Not sure about the legality side of things. Lets just say these bulbs have been in every car I've owned, and I haven't had any problems and they go through MOT fine. So I'm sticking with them

·
Registered
389 Posts
Excellent Mate..

Cant wait to see it in the daytime, Or just as its starting to get dark

Was the loom fabrication easy to do in the end lol..

Phil

·
Registered
976 Posts
Cheers guys

Yup the loom was really easy
A neat install

I need to take the brake bulbs out and put a dab of solder across the contacts on the bulb, my bulbs are the twin contact ones, pre facelift lights are twin contact( to get the tail and brake light), the facelift is single contact, so when I brake the tail light of the bulb lights up and not the brighter brake light. No probs though, 2 seconds job to fix that

Will take day pics tomz

·
Registered
389 Posts
Cheers guys

Yup the loom was really easy
A neat install

I need to take the brake bulbs out and put a dab of solder across the contacts on the bulb, my bulbs are the twin contact ones, pre facelift lights are twin contact( to get the tail and brake light), the facelift is single contact, so when I brake the tail light of the bulb lights up and not the brighter brake light. No probs though, 2 seconds job to fix that

Will take day pics tomz
Cool Mate..

You seem to have it all in hand Man.. Look forward to the pics

1 - 20 of 26 Posts