Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i put some led bulbs in the footwell and interior bulbs today and they look great only trouble is my rear light ive noticed is still lit slightly when it should be off,it must be because the led's run with very little power so some where power must be jumping across,the cars only 4 days old,has anyone else had this? hope its just a dodgy light fitting

·
Registered
419 Posts
If it's the rear interior light in the middle of the roof you're talking about I have the same thing in my RS. Had a bit of a test with a meter and there's a residual 5V on there even when the light should be out. Not enough to light a standard lamp but enough to make an LED glow slightly. I believe the voltage is supplied from the canbus.

As a test, leave your car as normal and then go out and check through the windows an hour or so later, it should have gone out.
As others have said, nothing to worry about.

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
Some do this and some dont, I got mine from team torquesteer and they stay a little lit . Is it the car on the bulbs that determine whether they still on or not, if its the bulbs can anyone recommend some that go out completely?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts