Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, today i fitted a dump valve just to see how it was & at the present no lights have came on & i have noticed no loss of power as of yet. Im going to keep it on for the rest of the week to test it out.
I know people think its chavvy before anyone says it but I like the sound haha.....
Chris

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Loss of power isn't a problem that an atmospheric dump valve would give you, so not surprised you haven't noticed it
The biggest symptom you'll have is a noise that sounds like a budgie sneezing every time you change gear....along with slower spool up times and over fuelling leading to the engine light on the dashboard. You might be lucky and get away with it, some do it seems.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Each to their own I guess regarding sound.

It takes the car a while to adjust to the change so it could feasibly take a few days to get any errors depending on your mileage.
Will be interesting to see your results though.

It would be interesting for to see what you find if you drive with it on for a week and then take it off again and go for a week without it.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Is fitting a DV a sure way for the engine management light to come on? My mate has fitted one of the pumaspeed adjustable DV'S and as of yet has seen no problems it's on it's maximum setting and doesn't sound to bad tbh but everybody has there own opinions on them I suppose, was a
to fit though and trying to get the blanking plate on was really difficult but we muddled through and got there in the end......

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Hi, today i fitted a dump valve just to see how it was & at the present no lights have came on & i have noticed no loss of power as of yet. Im going to keep it on for the rest of the week to test it out.
I know people think its chavvy before anyone says it but I like the sound haha.....
Chris
Me too mate I like the Chevy sound of a Burberry capped budgie lol

I have had mine on now for 6+ months you will get those that advise not fit them because that split second your off the throttle it potentially causes a drop in pressure and stops the turbo spinning or slows it down faster and something with the MAF causing the air mixture to be wrong but these are only very small issues and Iv not had any lights or felt any loss of power I even took it of the other week to see and nothing intact I felt it drove better with it on but that's just me. Enjoy it mate

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
It's each to their own, wouldn't want to stop anybody doing anything to their car. But there are plenty on here that have had one and taken it off because of problems, and the simple fact is the intake system on the ST's engine is a closed system and if you start letting air out of it then you're asking for problems - not that it means you will definitely get them, a few haven't.

·
Registered
222 Posts
had mine on for months done laods of miles had no issues at all, i like the sound and my mountune pack doesnt really sound that loud in the car so wanted a bit of noise, maybe taking it off soon as got decat and downpipe so will sound louder then, will see what they sound like together and might keep it though

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Is fitting a DV a sure way for the engine management light to come on? My mate has fitted one of the pumaspeed adjustable DV'S and as of yet has seen no problems it's on it's maximum setting and doesn't sound to bad tbh but everybody has there own opinions on them I suppose, was a
to fit though and trying to get the blanking plate on was really difficult but we muddled through and got there in the end......
took my pal less that 2 mins.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Had mine on for 3 years during mp260 and now mr290. Started with baileys dv26 then someone gave me a Collins and so much better the whooooosh is great.

No issues yet

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I had a DV on my previous
for over 2 years and the only problem i had was back in 2010 when it was minus 10 or so, the DV froze due to the cold weather, other than that minor problem, it caused no other faults.....TBH not got any plans to put a DV on my new st in the future.

·
Registered
58 Posts

·
Registered
513 Posts
It's not mine mate its my friends next time he is down this was ill get some pics he is in the forces so doesn't get a great deal of time with the motor ill see if he can get some pics before he is off again ok buddy..... It's this kit he got http://www.pumaspeed...lve-Kit_782.jsp
thats the exact dv iv got but never fitted it,mite sell it if anyone would be intrested

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
You'll get more pops and bigger bangs with a DV as it screws the fuelling. I put one on for tunnel runs etc, but thats it. My car is better without it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed mine and had a lot of trouble with the lights and also had the alarm ESP system fault. i removed it and every thing is ok. now i installed blu fin stage 3 and need to change the original one, What is the best??? Atmospheric or recerculation??? I found Forge from jw racing.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
Recirc is the best, as that's what the car comes with. Like I said above, the intake system is designed to be closed, not venting to the atmosphere.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Recirc is the best, as that's what the car comes with. Like I said above, the intake system is designed to be closed, not venting to the atmosphere.
To be fair, whoever designed the standard airbox had no idea what they were doing, so i'm not going to take thier opinion as gospel

Been running one on CP320 since early November. Done over 3000 miles and no issues yet. Slightly longer spool up time, but not really major.

Did a diagnostics run at collins, fuelling was spot on.

Will probably take it off when I get bored, but I think most horror stories a) get blown out of perspective and b) are the result of poor fitting of the valve or another component.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts