Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all just got roof rack for my st but when I go to fit it I cannot find any holes to fit it to. I open the covers where they shud b but not there I have even tried moving some of the rubber stuff but only find metal (so will have to make sure i seal it well.... please help and thanx all.

·
President of the Universe
3,942 Posts
QUOTE(darrenx @ 11 Feb 2010, 04:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi all just got roof rack for my st but when I go to fit it I cannot find any holes to fit it to. I open the covers where they shud b but not there I have even tried moving some of the rubber stuff but only find metal (so will have to make sure i seal it well.... please help and thanx all.

PM Allan (staff).

I believe he has had a roof-rack on his ST before. I also believe that fitting it the first time is quite tricky, (presumably because you have to make some holes), but each time after that it is obviously much easier.

·
Registered
67 Posts
yer i have fitted one to mine.You have to cut a hole in the middle of the slots - it's soft if you push on it - to reveal the threaded holes.i used a sharp craft knife to "discover" mine.It's a strange way to hide em but they're definately there.extra note: the soft stuff is quite thick - probably 4/5mm

·
Registered
501 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
found the four screw holes which contain small screws which you just just unscrew and I asume the bars just screw into (will do this in the morning). My problem now ist that i have scratched some of the paint which i dug out to find the screw holes, what can I do to prevent rust and also what should I uses to temp fill the holes with between using the roof bars? Have been to local car super store and they where unsure but we both agreed as a temp measure i should use "hammerite kurust" but what about the long term? Should I use something like aquarium silicone to fill out the hole(they have the cover so would not see nothing)? Also why did Ford not just leave the hole there, god knows what they where thinking about? I did phone Ford and they said they would supply and fit bars for £260 again whats this all about? Thanks all so far.

·
Registered
7,017 Posts
Don't worry the holes will not let any water in.

I put a dab of vaseline into the holes though. Just to be on the safe side.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts