Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im sat in my car writing this waiting for the recovery wagon to turn up..
I set off from some lights fairly quickly, and my near side wheel spun on a manhole. When the wheel spun, i heard a very loud crunch and my steering went all loose. I then tried to set off slowly, and as i put my clutch down and select 1st there was a knock, but it did go into gear. I then tried to set off slowly and there was allsorts of clunking noises coming from underneath.. Would appreciate your help and knowledge guys...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Cant get under and look properly.. She is sat low with 19s on.. Recovery wagon just said iits too low to go on his wagon, so i have to wait for another one now! Not a happy chappy...

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Just had a good look at it...
Got my hand in feelin about and it feels like the shaft has come away from the gear box i think...
Im not the best with cars, but the inner boot is still secure..

·
Super Moderator
2017 Audi S3 Sportsback
8,078 Posts
But much better than the Ford price and better quality too.

You can get refurb ones for around £150-£200 I think.
I had 2 new shafts from Ford and they were very nearly £1300 , and i expect them to break somewhen....The refurb shafts will break just as easily as the Ford ones if pushed hard...

·
Registered
199 Posts
I had a MK4 Golf once that was so low it kept eating CV joints. Rather than change the CV each time it was easier to change the whole driveshaft assembly. I'd buy the shaft & CV for no more than £30 on eBay!

Why are the Ford ones so bad?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts