Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is a good order to modify the engine on my ST? is it best to go for a chip first, or a proper CAIS airbox, or down pipe and race cat, or cat bck system.
one of the things i was looking forward to before i got the st is owning my first car with wastegate chatter, but low and behold as you know in stock form they dont do it
i am more than happy with the power it puts out at the moment and would be happy with it to stay as it is but i really want that noise
. so which one of these is going to give me what i want

steve

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
QUOTE(pepsisteve @ 26 Feb 2010, 03:38 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>what is a good order to modify the engine on my ST? is it best to go for a chip first, or a proper CAIS airbox, or down pipe and race cat, or cat bck system.
one of the things i was looking forward to before i got the st is owning my first car with wastegate chatter, but low and behold as you know in stock form they dont do it
i am more than happy with the power it puts out at the moment and would be happy with it to stay as it is but i really want that noise
. so which one of these is going to give me what i want

steve

dreamscience induction kit should give you the noise your looking mate.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Mine was as follows;

First - DSCI induction, Mod C & decat

Second - Airtec intercooler

Third (still to come soon) - Mod X map, downpipe, cat back, forge actuator

Fourth (future) - Bigger turbo & tubular manifold

Rob

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
From memory I got Bluefin Stage 1 first, then the Radtec, then CAIS then exhaust stuff. Then some more remaps lol Putting the intercooler on early in the process means you'll get the full benefit of later mods you fit instead of spending the extra cash then finding you're held back by the limitations of the standard item.

·
Registered
694 Posts
My first trip into modding my
was DS Cais while DS stratagem ultra did it's thing...... 2nd trip consisted of full turbo back exhaust with DS race cat and DS intercooler and now I've just got back from Profile after having RS clutch kit and Quaife LSD (and upgraded side/Main bulbs) fitted

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.