Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up our new Spirit Blue ST2 Estate yesterday.

When you pick up a new car, the sun is meant to be shining, so you can appreciate the fantastic shiny new paintwork.

Not quite, heavy rain, and the roads awash. Certainly took it steady driving back to work, then home at the end of the day. Had to take it through 6" water on a road near work, which I really didn't fancy. Watched a dozen cars through first, then took it carefully and had no problems. ( Did you see the Porsche on the news? Sitting in 4 feet of water, with the wipers still on intermittant! )

Can't wait to get out this morning, and try a little more throttle. She looks great, and so many toys to play with.

Roll on dryer weather.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Same spec as mine Mike.

Not what you want on brand new motor is it. Anyway always look for the positive; the wet weather is good for developing throttle control ;-)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Just picked up our new Spirit Blue ST2 Estate yesterday.

When you pick up a new car, the sun is meant to be shining, so you can appreciate the fantastic shiny new paintwork.

Not quite, heavy rain, and the roads awash. Certainly took it steady driving back to work, then home at the end of the day. Had to take it through 6" water on a road near work, which I really didn't fancy. Watched a dozen cars through first, then took it carefully and had no problems. ( Did you see the Porsche on the news? Sitting in 4 feet of water, with the wipers still on intermittant! )

Can't wait to get out this morning, and try a little more throttle. She looks great, and so many toys to play with.

Roll on dryer weather.
Least the estate has room for an offboard motor in case of big puddles

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Iceyford is dreaming of Jeremy Clarkson's Toybota.

Shall we try a couple of massive Honda outboards on the back bumper? France here we come!!

Luckily we've had a drier day, so able to enjoy the massive torque on offer. Won't give it all the beans for the 1000 miles or so. Patience is a virtue.

Mike

·
Registered
456 Posts
Take some pics mate (once the Weather improves)....I have not managed to see a Blue Estate yet....and all things well this will be my next Car

·
Registered
456 Posts
Actually I always buy my Cars in the Spring, there is something nice about the nice Weather that makes me want to change Cars. It was glorious sunshine when I picked up my Mk2 and although it was just under 3 years old Archers made the Car look brand new....it really was a special day.....if only we lived in California!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts