1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have just spent my first day with my new
and already I love it
. I've already had loads of people looking at it and giving me positive comments especially on the colour
with black alloys. Just have one question, should I start with a remap or Eibach springs? I will be doing both in the next 2-3 months. But which one first!!!

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,446 Posts
QUOTE(bod75 @ 19 Feb 2010, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hello all,

I have just spent my first day with my new
and already I love it
. I've already had loads of people looking at it and giving me positive comments especially on the colour
with black alloys. Just have one question, should I start with a remap or Eibach springs? I will be doing both in the next 2-3 months. But which one first!!!

hi mate. i'd go for the eibachs first. enjoy your st for a while and then get the remap.
then it will be like getting a new car again when you get the map done.

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
QUOTE(bod75 @ 19 Feb 2010, 07:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Just have one question, should I start with a remap or Eibach springs? I will be doing both in the next 2-3 months. But which one first!!!

Hiya and
to the
club.

As for which to do first, I guess it depends on whether you want better performance or better handling (and looks).

If I had to choose I would go for the remap first

·
Registered
77 Posts
Welcome to the club. I remember the first day in mine, still have the same stupid grin every time I drive it. I'd personally go for eibachs first, particularly if you are coming from a lower powered car. May as well sort the handling a bit more and exploit the power a bit more, then when you start to get used to performance go for a remap and it'll be like having a new car again. Eibachs and a Vibra Technics torque mount are the next things on my list, then a mountune kit in a years time maybe.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
to the club.

Eibachs first. Improves the handling & the looks. Then when you are used to the power, go for the remap. It'll be like having a new car all over again.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
QUOTE(RS2kJane @ 19 Feb 2010, 10:00 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
to the club.

Eibachs first. Improves the handling & the looks. Then when you are used to the power, go for the remap. It'll be like having a new car all over again.

Hi and thanks for the advice. I guess I should have mentioned my previous car was a Subaru impreza STi (320 bhp). the car was great, but the wife hated it so it had to go. We both love the
, I just need to play with it a little bit.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Hi Bod

Welcome to the
club, have fun

Which mod first is upto you as others have said, I went for the remap first as the cars original setup copes with the extra power quite well, however the Eibachs are a great mod thats also transforms the car.

Oh decisions decisions hey

Cheers

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
bod,
hope you enjoy the car ... and this site. It is full of information and advice as to where to go for your mods.
A re-map and springs are definitely at the top of most peoples mod list. As for which one first then if you are getting both within the next few months anyway, then I don't think it matters that much. You may wish to consider the weather is currently a factor - wet and icey roads and all that. If it were me then springs (and possibly a rear ARB upgrade) followed by the re-map as the weather (and roads) improve. This will give you more opportunity to appreciate how much a re-map improves the car.
Either way - have fun and stay safe!

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm loving the car, and the site is fantastic too. All of you guys are really helpful, I cant wait to get the mods done. Thanks for all the advice everybody

·
Registered
2007 mk2 pfl in electric orange
4,784 Posts
to the
club, nice to see you got the best colour personally i would opt for springs first, either way you go enjoy the new car and stay safe.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.