Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
ST225 modified
4,084 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Ford dealer has recently got a new ST in the showroom so yesterday I went for good look... not impressed !

Dont like the looks except the rear - very bland slabby sides and an ugly front end.

Dont like the 5-door as it makes the front doors really small.

Dont like the dash, very fussy and and awful dials especially the three in the 'pod'...

Dont like the steering wheel, feels really cheap and stitching is raised.

Doesnt feel special at all and I was really disappointed.

It must be an amazing drive to make up for all the above, but I doubt I would buy one even so...

I'm glad my recent bought FL ST has only done 12k miles as I think I'll have it a good while.

·
Premium Member
7,221 Posts
My Ford dealer has recently got a new ST in the showroom so yesterday I went for good look... not impressed !

Dont like the looks except the rear - very bland slabby sides and an ugly front end.

Dont like the dash, very fussy and and awful dials especially the three in the 'pod'...

It must be an amazing drive to make up for all the above, but I doubt I would buy one even so...

I'm glad my recent bought FL ST has only done 12k miles as I think I'll have it a good while.

·
Registered
663 Posts

think you should post in the MK2 section as the mk 2 is so perfect(not) LOL

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Sean taking it on the chin like a boss.

Don't know why people have such negativity about something they don't own or haven't got used to, surely our love for ST's (regardless of model year) should stop all this **** swinging?
it's a totally different car.. this banter will go on forever. Focus RS has a separate site and so should the ST250.

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
I've not owned a Mk2 (wish I had) so I can only go on what Mk2 owners say about their cars. But I can see why Mk2 owners might not be keen on the Mk3, essentially it's had the hooligan surgically removed, it's not as hardcore, it's grown up and got a bit sensible. It seems that initial opinion is that is not nearly as tuneable because it's already been pushed closer to it's limit. Then there's the styling which seems to sharply divide opinion.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but I do think that that opinion should be based on actually sitting in and driving one, rather than photos. And there's no need for hate, if you don't like it you don't like it but let's not get personal about it.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I've not owned a Mk2 (wish I had) so I can only go on what Mk2 owners say about their cars. But I can see why Mk2 owners might not be keen on the Mk3, essentially it's had the hooligan surgically removed, it's not as hardcore, it's grown up and got a bit sensible. It seems that initial opinion is that is not nearly as tuneable because it's already been pushed closer to it's limit. Then there's the styling which seems to sharply divide opinion.

Everybody is entitled to their opinion, but I do think that that opinion should be based on actually sitting in and driving one, rather than photos. And there's no need for hate, if you don't like it you don't like it but let's not get personal about it.
you couldnt of put it better, its more refined and less in your face ... but still i like the look of it in the flesh, pictures dont do it much justice! as as for driving one, i havent so cant comment... but everyone who owns one or who has drove one seem to enjoy it .. thats the main point!

·
FocusSTOC Nut!
17,448 Posts

Bet it has a clutch that doesn't slip like yours Eddie

Oh and 12k miles! you've had your facelift for ages! do you push it everywhere

·
Super Moderator
2019 AMG C43
13,348 Posts
you couldnt of put it better, its more refined and less in your face ... but still i like the look of it in the flesh, pictures dont do it much justice! as as for driving one, i havent so cant comment... but everyone who owns one or who has drove one seem to enjoy it .. thats the main point!
I love driving mine, any excuse to go out in it and I will! And that is the point, we're all here because we like to drive and we like the cars that we drive. Just because some like one car and some prefer another doesn't mean we should be segregated.

·
Registered
988 Posts
it's a totally different car.. this banter will go on forever.
In some cases I can see friendly banter not causing any problems, but where individuals are slating a car (no one in particular) when they haven't even driven it is ignorant if I'm being completely honest. Stating they will never like the Mk3 because this and that makes fun of the new car owners decision making.

Next year I will get myself to a Ford dealership and test drive one, because I for one am growing on the looks of one, I'd still prefer a 3 door and a non-centered exhaust, but that's just me being picky!

1 - 20 of 82 Posts