Ford Focus ST Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm James from Worthing, West Sussex, and after several years of longing for one, I've finally gone and bought my dream car - a 2007 '57' Electric Orange Focus ST-2, picked it up yesterday from Evans Halshaw in Cardiff - all I can say is wow!

I'm quite young (23) and my first car was a 2005 Ford Focus Zetec Climate 1.6 petrol in the lovely Aquarius blue, amazing car but I was always secretly wanting my very own ASBO, however it was just annoyingly out of reach!

After several years driving and saving, finally took the plunge and bought this beauty...it had to be practical so I was determined to get a five door example, and an ST-2 (had to be a five-seater car), on either an '07' or '57' reg to fit within budget - and as nice as the later 2008 facelift is, it wasn't the car I had pictured in my dreams all those years ago!

Electric Orange 5-door ST-2s seem harder to find than most so after searching the country viewing countless bad paint-chipped and worn out examples, I stumbled on this gem in Cardiff, mint condition and only 13k miles for a good price - the deal was done!

It seemed like an eternity before getting the phone call to say it was ready to be collected, but yesterday I had the chance to drive the long journey back from South Wales to West Sussex - literally one of the best drives of my life so far!

Sounds very sad but feels like I'm almost in love - keep pinching myself seeing this giant tangerine parked on the drive and thinking "Is that really my car?!" I hope that feeling will continue for much longer!

Apologies for the really smug post - I just feel on top of the world right now, hope to get to know you guys more in the coming months, the website and forum looks amazing and I'm sure I recognise a few of you from the Ford Focus Owners Club too!

All the best,
James

Attachments

·
Registered
293 Posts
welcome to the club m8 i must say mine was pretty much the same story as you i had 2 focus previous and i saved and was just waiting for the insurence to say yes being a young driver also lol and finally they did i always wanted a electric orange but somehow i came back with a performance blue facelift which i dont regret love the facelift although orange looks better in pre-facelift, hope to see you about at the meets and events
Liam

·
Registered
99 Posts
Car looks stunning mate! You look well happy sat inside it!

That feeling should last for ages, I've had mine almost a year now and still love it to bits.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I think we all felt that way on picking up our cars

Especially us younger lot who may not have had anything as outrageous as the
before!

Either way expect some sleepless nights, lots of grins and don't expect to get bored anytime soon. In the unlikely event you do a remap is only a stone's throw away

·
Registered
379 Posts
I know exactly how you feel mate, ive always wanted an orange focus since the day i saw it, but as im only 22 its taken a few years to get a reasonable affordable insurance quote, as soon as i found it insurance was within reach i was on the asbo hunt!

Had it 3 months now and still smile when i drive it, absolutly love it - cant wait for the summer to come round when it will really show off the orange, as in this weather it doesnt look its best really.

Be careful in it, and i might even spot you about sometime as my dad lives in seaford which is down your way and i go down there every now and again!

·
Premium Member
Jason SB MK3 RS
3,004 Posts
QUOTE(jamesmakin2002 @ 10 Jan 2010, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>Hi, I'm James from Worthing, West Sussex, and after several years of longing for one, I've finally gone and bought my dream car - a 2007 '57' Electric Orange Focus ST-2, picked it up yesterday from Evans Halshaw in Cardiff - all I can say is wow!

I'm quite young (23) and my first car was a 2005 Ford Focus Zetec Climate 1.6 petrol in the lovely Aquarius blue, amazing car but I was always secretly wanting my very own ASBO, however it was just annoyingly out of reach!

After several years driving and saving, finally took the plunge and bought this beauty...it had to be practical so I was determined to get a five door example, and an ST-2 (had to be a five-seater car), on either an '07' or '57' reg to fit within budget - and as nice as the later 2008 facelift is, it wasn't the car I had pictured in my dreams all those years ago!

Electric Orange 5-door ST-2s seem harder to find than most so after searching the country viewing countless bad paint-chipped and worn out examples, I stumbled on this gem in Cardiff, mint condition and only 13k miles for a good price - the deal was done!

It seemed like an eternity before getting the phone call to say it was ready to be collected, but yesterday I had the chance to drive the long journey back from South Wales to West Sussex - literally one of the best drives of my life so far!

Sounds very sad but feels like I'm almost in love - keep pinching myself seeing this giant tangerine parked on the drive and thinking "Is that really my car?!" I hope that feeling will continue for much longer!

Apologies for the really smug post - I just feel on top of the world right now, hope to get to know you guys more in the coming months, the website and forum looks amazing and I'm sure I recognise a few of you from the Ford Focus Owners Club too!

All the best,
James

·
Registered
261 Posts

Everyone has that very same feeling and in no way is it a smug post - its not every day you get a buzz like that so enjoy. I've had mine about three months and im still on
Infact - is that you over there?

·
Captain Slow
16,287 Posts
Hello James and a big
to the club from another "local" . Glad that your liking the car matey and I can't believe that you picked it up from Cardiff

PS: You need to change your region, your a "south central" , not one of the London and South east lot

If you fancy a meet up there's one of my "Black Horse" meets on the 13th of next month

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi James,
to the club. I am so glad you are enjoying your car, certainly one to be proud of, very smart.

I am sure the fun and enjoyment will last, along with the BIG GRIN.

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
QUOTE(Ryan @ 10 Jan 2010, 05:09 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>PS: You need to change your region, your a "south central" , not one of the London and South east lot

If you fancy a meet up there's one of my "Black Horse" meets on the 13th of next month

You beat me to it mate on the region front but another two members didn't listen to me

Nice looking car James and hope we'll see you around at afew meets

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
to the club.

I'm so glad you now have your dream car. I was pretty much the same as you. From the very first press release about the
, I set my sights on owning one. And it was worth the wait. The
grin is a great feeling.

·
Registered
7,987 Posts
QUOTE(jamesmakin2002 @ 10 Jan 2010, 02:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>...and as nice as the later 2008 facelift is, it wasn't the car I had pictured in my dreams all those years ago!

Hiya James and
to the
club - I know exactly what you mean, I went to look at a couple of facelift STs, and as smart as they were they were not 'the dream car' and I too bought a pre-facelift - have fun

1 - 20 of 23 Posts